Custom Ripplin Redfins

Hey Mick, whackem is just repainting Cordell RRfins. I don’t think they are producing them hence you don’t see blue/silver on their list.

Yes on the wonderbread stingers, I do have a few and no I haven’t caught any walleys on them but do quite well on lake O Steel with them. Again though based on comments. I might be trolling too slow with spoons.

I heard the NK28 was back in production as well recently.

My best spoons on Lake O have always been the NKs, Stingers, prokings, the old Bronte flutter, and the newer Moonshine glows. For plugs the Lyman’s are deadly especially in late August.

Similar to another photo posted I have a box of destroyed blu/silver red fins. It is kinda BS that the finish isn’t tougher than that. On the other hand they have caught me a pile of fish! I mean I guess if they didn’t work they’d still look brand new and I couldn’t complain! And they sure catch steelhead and cohos as well. Last coho for me was 2018 in 112’ right off the lighthouse area.

Someone suggested removing the middle hook from the ripplin redfins. It made the hooks easier to get out of the fish and the net however more fish were lost during the retrieve. Anyone else try this modification? Any positive results?

I remove the front one on all mine . Observations showed me the fish get hooked on the middle and last hook . A third hook seems to be a real pain in the ass to get out of the net .
The hot RRF for me last yr was the black , green and white .

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures or descriptions of all the old colours of ripplin’s that cotton Cordell used to make out of curiosity. I still have a few that have been passed down to me but when I heard about the different colours and wondering what was all offered.

Hi sons of fishes can you post picture of that black,green and white redfin. Thanks
[/
Does anyone have pictures or descriptions of all the old colours of ripplin’s that cotton Cordell used to make out of curiosity. I still have a few that have been passed down to me but when I heard about the different colours and wondering what was all offered.

@SonsofFishes are these the RRF’s in this colour B2051E17-0DD8-4698-8287-FC2AAA5B3A74.jpeg that you are talking about? Thanks in advance. ? ? ??

I have used a rubber mesh net on erie for years both walleye & rainbows its not a problem with removing hooks..we do pack one of my mesh salmon nets on trips to huron & owen sound..

but then once in awhile you get a little tangle catchin 2 at a time....like it was mentioned ..blue & silver RR is not for everybody..

2019 samsung picture transfer 1821.jpg

buddy has the photo of when we caught 2 walleyes on one redfin..I will share it some time..lol
seeing is believing..

Last edited:
Yes . I picked this one up a Crappy Tire halfway through the season , wish I found it at the beginning . Mick , the blue and silver was my go to lure when things got slow and it usually produced . I named it Blue Thunder . Lol IMG_20200123_151602254.jpg

Last edited:
I spoke with the guys at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock and it sounds like they won't be ordering in the Jr's for this spring. I know Steve at Lambeth rod and tackle has quite a good selection of all three sizes in stock right now..... Except my go to pink spoon "Confused Ho" in the Jr size (hint hint Steve!) "CJ special" is close but it ain't no ho ?
I am looking forward to going to the Fishing and Boat Show at the International Centre in February,and I will be checking out some more Jr size lure’s,especially the “Confused Ho.” Thanks again my friend,for the tip!! ;) ??

Last edited:
I wouldn't waste your money on this one . I gave it alot of chances , even when the bite was on it never took a hit . I want to sand it and paint it yellow with black tiger stripes . I think it's called the White Fish . IMG_20200125_102912810.jpg

hey @SonsofFishes can you explain how you rig your camera..
ya I am considering underwater footage with our crankbait grouper fishin..were runnin 80 lb braid with 8 inch CD bombers 5 to 6 knots trolling speed...blue water clarity would be exceptional..

I am definately looking into a gopro for topwater billfishin..I cherish my now big collection of videos from last years amazing marlin & dorado action..both video & audio.. nothing better then the sound of a screaming reel with a monster marlin on steriods..

Any thing that doesn't produce gets a stripe of purple or pink glitter fingernail polish down each side.
Remember the word PROP. Purple, red, orange, and pink. The 4 colours most easily seen by fish.

sounds flashy GPS..do have any photos to share with the glitter..

heres an old proven method that was shared to us for fishin big pickeral with ripplin redfins & long A Bombers..add a piece of worm to one of the hooks on the rear treble hook..

Any thing that doesn't produce gets a stripe of purple or pink glitter fingernail polish down each side.
Remember the word PROP. Purple, red, orange, and pink. The 4 colours most easily seen by fish.

Don't forget that purple and red are two of the first colours to disappear underwater;)......the way some colours appear at depth may be suprising to some! This video does a pretty good job of showing what your colour choices may actually lookike at varying depths....

Josh

I am away from tackle for the next two weeks but have an extensive collection of red fins. I can lay them out and snap a photo. A number of the old ones from the 80s as well. Be good time to replace hooks anyway. @sons of fishes that was actually a good one for me in 18. Not so good in 19.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks