Cuba Fishing was a Bust!!!

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just got back from Cuba on Wed. night with no fish to report. The only fish I saw was on the buffet. ;):banghead: The big east winds were ridiculous this year so was unable to take a single charter. It was so rough that a diver we know with 40 years experience was bruised up from the waves slamming him against the reef. I only got out 1 night shore fishing at Coco Beach after a 10 km ride with a horse and wagon over a road that makes our northern Ontario bush roads seem like newly paved roads. :eek: I caught nothing but a slew of Cuban mosquitos that bit right through my clothes even though drenched with mosquito spray. I still have itchy swollen lumps all over my legs and arms a week and a half later. :mad: Our mosquitos are sweet little tame pussy cats compared to those Cuban savages! (n)
The Cuban girls think I have nice legs. :p:cool::giggle:

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Just got back from Cuba on Wed. night with no fish to report. The only fish I saw was on the buffet. ;):banghead: The big east winds were ridiculous this year so was unable to take a single charter. It was so rough that a diver we know with 40 years experience was bruised up from the waves slamming him against the reef. I only got out 1 night shore fishing at Coco Beach after a 10 km ride with a horse and wagon over a road that makes our northern Ontario bush roads seem like newly paved roads. :eek: I caught nothing but a slew of Cuban mosquitos that bit right through my clothes even though drenched with mosquito spray. I still have itchy swollen lumps all over my legs and arms a week and a half later. :mad: Our mosquitos are sweet little tame pussy cats compared to those Cuban savages! (n)
The Cuban girls think I have nice legs. :p:cool::giggle:

View attachment 13088

View attachment 13090

View attachment 13091

View attachment 13093

View attachment 13094

View attachment 13095
It’s great to know that you are back in the Great White North again @Wave Runner,safe and sound,and myself and likely a lot of others miss your posting’s on @stomp. Hopefully none of those mosquitoes hitched a ride back to Canada in your luggage!! :nailbiting::LOL:Those are nasty looking mosquitoe bites,and we definitely don’t want that kind of mosquito breed in Canada!! lol Please no more photo of your leg,:stop: but maybe a few Cuban girls legs ?????? instead the next time that you are in Cuba!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)(y) Thanks for sharing all of your other photo’s as well,and it looks like a great place to visit,but too bad that the fishing was not the best for you,but the ones that weren’t caught and kept on this trip,will only be bigger the next time and that you hopefully will have a chance to fish for them then.Talk-pm later,and again,Welcome Back,@Wave Runner!! ??:)

Hi @Wave Runner...sorry to hear about the winds...and nasty bites ouch...ya there was a boat out here the other night offshore samara bottom fishin grouper that came screaming and beaching his boat into shore...they were attacked by a cloud of bees out on the calm waters at dusk...I ran down there and they had bee stings everywhere..the boat was covered in bees too..capt. eddie says its never ever happened before...20 years fishin the area....those guys were hurtin...ya I got cuts and bruises from fishin and did have burnt skin...ya its a little warm here...day time highs are 35 to 38 celsius..with extreme UV rays...suncreen is a must out fishin..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks