Off Topic Crestliner Commander Elite 2050

Sure hope you two hug up soon, this emotional roller coaster is eating me up bigtime. :whistle::p:LOL:
Awe I just like rubbing the salty old sea dog because I know @Red Hering is sentimental about his Lund. ;) I know he loves his Lund more than his beloved Steelers or Habs in fact if the truth was known I think he loves it more than his wife. :jawdrop: :love: I've fished out of his Lund it's a great boat and @Red Hering is a really fun "thumbs up kind of guy" to fish with if you know what I mean. LOL!!! Hopefully this will smooth things over.???

At the beginning of the 2020 fishing season, I am sending you LUND!
L : Lots of Love
U : Unlimited Care
N : Never Ending Friendship
D : Double Them All
So,
Hold your LUND,
and enjoy THUND!

front.jpg

I'm looking into purchasing the Cresliner Commander Elite 2050 and was wondering if anyone on this forum has any feedback, or, if there is anyone on here that owns one and wouldn't mind letting me know how you like it.
@Bigs1980 I know it’s not the answer that you are looking for,(this Crestliner boat is bigger),but while I was at the London Fishing and Boat Show today,(for the second time this weekend),I was looking at the Crestliner 2250 boat that @extreme marine had on display,and what a beautiful boat it is,7C4A34D9-8EE7-455C-AE23-5FBC40A0850C.jpeg6B6B868A-2AE4-4FAD-84E8-DFBB817F2161.jpegF23B9DCB-1163-42FA-BF19-4AFF5332AE50.jpeg and here are some photo’s and the price for this particular boat. Good luck in finding the boat that you are looking for. ???

@Red Hering… That model you showed is the more expensive Crestliner Authority, he's considering the Commander Elite which is similar in design.
I know that @Wave Runner :rolleyes: that is not the boat @Bigs1980 is looking for,and that is why in my first sentence to @Bigs1980 I mentioned that this boat that I posted is bigger including photo’s & the price than the one that he was going to look at,which as you mentioned as well was the Crestliner Commander Elite 2050 and just saying.

I have a Crestliner 2050 Sportsfish with I/O and absolutely love it. The Commander looks to be more utilitarian than the Sportfish but looks like a great hard core fishing rig for sure. The Sportfish is great for fishing or water sports with the family too.

Deadrise is an important consideration when purchasing an offshore boat. 19 will be softer than 17, in most hull designs.

@Bigs1980... I'm sure the Commander would be a great boat for the Great lakes but have you considered Smoker Craft's Phantom? These boats are very similar in almost all respects however the Phantom has some significant advantages especially in width, depth and hull thickness you may want to consider. Not trying to sway you either way just thought these may be factors to weigh while making a final decision. Good luck I'm sure your quite excited about purchasing a new boat. :)

Smoker Craft Phantom 20 X2 (20'5")
Beam 98 in (OS series model has 101" beam)
Max Cockpit Depth 33 in
Bottom Gauge .160
Side Gauge .125
Max Hull Depth 47"
Deadrise at Transom 19 deg
Fuel Capacity 47 gal
View attachment 20819

Crestliner 2050 Commander Elite (20'8")
Beam 94 in
Max Cockpit Depth 30 in
Bottom Gauge .125
Side Gauge .90
Max Hull Depth 44"
Deadrise at transom 17 deg
Fuel Capacity 40 gal
View attachment 20823
I graduated to 20 foot Lund, nice boat, however , when you hit the 20 foot mark you will now need a ton of safety equipement including flairs that expire every 3 years.
Check it out before you buy.
19 feet 6 inches is a nice size and less and much less red tape.

bd

@Red Hering… Sorry but Lund doesn't make a boat to compete in this category of west coast style of heavy duty all welded aluminum boats. Their Sport Angler is similar in style but unfortunately does not qualify as it is not all welded construction and with only a hull thickness of 0.100" and side wall of 0.080" so doesn't cut it. Here's a real bonafide 22 ft. west coast aluminum boat I fished out of in Nanaimo with a 0.250" hull that runs over Lund boats like they were pop cans. :sorry::giggle: I admit it would do the same thing to my Sylvan so am I still allowed on your Lund this spring pike fishing? :banghead::sorry::sorry::sorry:?

View attachment 20842
Did you ever wonder why ships and aircraft are riveted?
I don't think its because its a less expensive process.
It could be that it is a more robust method of construction and less susceptible to failure, crystallized / brittle welds.

bd

Did you ever wonder why ships and aircraft are riveted?
I don't think its because its a less expensive process.
It could be that it is a more robust method of construction and less susceptible to failure, crystallized / brittle welds.

bd
Did you know almost all modern ships are now welded and have been since 1940? I understand your argument about rivets but these west coast all welded aluminum boats are a different animal than your conventional welded hull such as Crestliner etc. These are made for the ocean so quite sure the welds don't fail. If you seen the construction of that charter boat I was on I think you would agree no Lund is going to stand up in rough seas like it would. It's literally a tank in comparison.

IMG_1235.JPG

Last edited:
Boats and aircraft are too different animals, aircraft skin is a lot thinner than a boats, different pressures, stresses involved, and skin fastened to interior frame with fasteners, and rivets seem to be more suitable to the application. Lunds are no doubt good boats but aren't any better than many others, much coming down to personal preference. I will say the fit and finish and on my Crestliner is positively commented on by friends with Lunds comparing to their own boats.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks