Off Topic Crestliner Commander Elite 2050

Bigs1980

I'm looking into purchasing the Cresliner Commander Elite 2050 and was wondering if anyone on this forum has any feedback, or, if there is anyone on here that owns one and wouldn't mind letting me know how you like it.

@Bigs1980... I'm sure the Commander would be a great boat for the Great lakes but have you considered Smoker Craft's Phantom? These boats are very similar in almost all respects however the Phantom has some significant advantages especially in width, depth and hull thickness you may want to consider. Not trying to sway you either way just thought these may be factors to weigh while making a final decision. Good luck I'm sure your quite excited about purchasing a new boat. :)

Smoker Craft Phantom 20 X2 (20'5")
Beam 98 in (OS series model has 101" beam)
Max Cockpit Depth 33 in
Bottom Gauge .160
Side Gauge .125
Max Hull Depth 47"
Deadrise at Transom 19 deg
Fuel Capacity 47 gal
a1d8844c-9f15-4bb7-8e34-3fea6d58fb12.jpg

Crestliner 2050 Commander Elite (20'8")
Beam 94 in
Max Cockpit Depth 30 in
Bottom Gauge .125
Side Gauge .90
Max Hull Depth 44"
Deadrise at transom 17 deg
Fuel Capacity 40 gal
966e4075-1b7c-411f-8c4c-df23d6f956de.jpg

Last edited:
I am surprised :eek: & disappointed that @Wave Runner didn’t mention a Lund boat as a make & choice to buy,such as the @Red Hering owns as a make of boat,54D3CDD8-29E8-4D4A-A2FC-10B7CB16D1FD.jpeg but a Smoker Craft Phantom Boat instead :oops::(:cautious: for @Bigs1980 to look at as well!! Now I am wondering wether I should invite @Wave Runner to come onto the @Red Hering Lund Boat again,:unsure::whistle:;)77852053-50A5-4167-A3F4-14E927B98B55.jpegespecially during the LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Pike Classic!! lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)?:D By the way,for what I have heard,but I have never looked into it,is that the Lund and the Crestliner Boats are built by the same company. ??Good luck @Bigs1980 for your choice of buying a boat & tight lines & Fish ON!!????:cool:

@Red Hering , based on Team Red Wave's pitiful track record fishing that pike derby from that boat, I'm not surprised that @Wave Runner left Lund off his list. ? (y) ? :bucktooth: :eek: :p
@stomp that’s enough out of YOU!! :muted: lol :ROFLMAO: My Lund Boat when we used it during the LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Pike Classic’s,has always caught a pike out of it,therefore “No Skunks” E77AFC65-BC65-46FD-87D0-689D537A1F5E.jpeg 0CE74DCE-1503-4AE2-B932-AF3C0F0A8E61.jpeg ever as long as I can remember fishing anywhere actually out of my Lund boat!! But there was a skunk ? during the Spring LPBAA/Erie Bassmasters Pike Classic in 2019,that was with @Wave Runner at the “helm” out of his boat & just saying & I am loving my Lund boat!! 5BF5345B-5FAF-47DB-84B4-6D3B28F75477.jpeg o_O:whistle:;)?:)

@Red Hering… Sorry but Lund doesn't make a boat to compete in this category of west coast style of heavy duty all welded aluminum boats. Their Sport Angler is similar in style but unfortunately does not qualify as it is not all welded construction and with only a hull thickness of 0.100" and side wall of 0.080" so doesn't cut it. Here's a real bonafide 22 ft. west coast aluminum boat I fished out of in Nanaimo with a 0.250" hull that runs over Lund boats like they were pop cans. :sorry::giggle: I admit it would do the same thing to my Sylvan so am I still allowed on your Lund this spring pike fishing? :banghead::sorry::sorry::sorry:?

IMG_1235.JPG

Last edited:
@Bigs1980... I'm sure the Commander would be a great boat for the Great lakes but have you considered Smoker Craft's Phantom? These boats are very similar in almost all respects however the Phantom has some significant advantages especially in width, depth and hull thickness you may want to consider. Not trying to sway you either way just thought these may be factors to weigh while making a final decision. Good luck I'm sure your quite excited about purchasing a new boat. :)

Smoker Craft Phantom 20 X2 (20'5")
Beam 98 in (OS series model has 101" beam)
Max Cockpit Depth 33 in
Bottom Gauge .160
Side Gauge .125
Max Hull Depth 47"
Deadrise at Transom 19 deg
Fuel Capacity 47 gal
View attachment 20819

Crestliner 2050 Commander Elite (20'8")
Beam 94 in
Max Cockpit Depth 30 in
Bottom Gauge .125
Side Gauge .90
Max Hull Depth 44"
Deadrise at transom 17 deg
Fuel Capacity 40 gal
View attachment 20823
Thanks for the good infomation
@red Hering… Sorry but Lund doesn't make a boat to compete in this category of west coast style of heavy duty all welded aluminum boats. Their Sport Angler is similar in style but unfortunately does not qualify as it is not all welded construction and with only a hull thickness of 0.100" and side wall of 0.080" so doesn't cut it. Here's a real bonafide 22 ft. west coast aluminum boat I fished out of in Nanaimo with a 0.250" hull that runs over Lund boats like they were pop cans. :sorry::giggle: I admit it would do the same thing to my Sylvan so am I still allowed on your Lund this spring pike fishing? :banghead::sorry::sorry::sorry:?

View attachment 20842
Yes this is the style i'm looking for, I currently have a Lund but looking more towards this west coast style.
, I'll check out the smoker craft!

Definitely check out Kingfisher if your after a more west coast style boat. No comparison to the typical thin guage Lund, Alumacraft, Crestliner etc....

Josh

@Bigs1980... Yes the Kingfisher is also worth a look though not as deep or wide as the Phantom. I couldn't find a video of the Commander 2050 but the 1850 is the same only shorter of course. It would be nice if we could take all boats for a test drive like we do vehicles to really compare the difference in real conditions. However this should give you a good look for visual comparison of these models which I'm sure are all great west coast style boats that will fit your purpose. (y) :)

Crestliner 1850 Commander Elite

Smoker Craft 20 Phantom X2

Kingfisher 2025 Falcon

Well @Red Hering you haven't replied so am I allowed on your Lund this spring or not? :sorry::sorry: ?
@Wave Runner I am still sad ? from your comment about my Lund Boat & the Lund quality of the manufacturing of this boat altogether.Your comment that the West Coast aluminum boats can run over a lund boat and your Sylvan boat like pop cans!! :eek::oops::confused: I do agree that the boats out west are better boats than most of our boats here,but they would have to be built that way out west,because of the ocean fishing that they do there,compared to our Great Lakes fishing here. I would buy a west coast aluminum boat in a minute,if I was docked at a port somewhere on the Great Lakes.But,because I am what I consider myself as a “multi species angler,” I therefore like to tow my lund boat wherever the fishing action is going on.A west coast aluminum boat would likely be like towing a tank,therefore I would not be interested in buying a boat like that,but again,the west coast aluminum boat are great looking boat’s!! For now,I will need more time to decide :unsure::D:whistle:on wether to have you on my Lund boat,:unsure::sneaky:now that you have mentioned that we are using my lund boat,(which we haven’t even yet discuss between us on whose boat to use),for the next pike classic. I will need to get outdoors again fishing for walleye’s on the thames,just like I have done recently,to ponder this :unsure:& to make up my mind. :whistle:;)?:D

We own a twenty foot Lund.
We were very suprised to learn that it is quite a bit more expensive to own a twenty foot verses a nineteen foot 6 inch boat, safey equipment, boarding ladder, flare gun ect. You may want to keep this in mind for the sake of 6 inches!
Just sayin.

BD.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks