Off Topic cormorants

some things are not really talked about have you eaten a coyote, ground hog, racoon, crow, starling.
How many gobies have you fed unintentionally catching perch, then throw into the dump pail.

if people are trespassing at Pottahawk when the legal club members do any shooting who is to blame
if I set up to shoot befor some one decides to come in and fish they are at fault and breaking the law.
same as I cannot go into some ones fishing area and start shooting

Oh, sorry, but legal club member or not, who say's your ok to maybe hurt others ? Pretty sure shooting someone over turf, might be called, shooting someone?

Obviously I’m aware it won’t be on city streets, I meant recreational people sharing the same areas, perhaps pedestrians was the wrong choice of words. However if this was going to work it would have to be centred toward the Golden Horseshoe where the vast majority of the population of birds occurs. If you read my post you would have noticed that I stated that I am comfortable fishing during hunting season. And to your comments, you are essentially agreeing with me that something needs to be done but culling isn’t the answer. No hunters I know would be willing to spend time any money shooting something they can’t eat.

Have you ever by any chance been 10 miles out from the Spit in front of the big smoke when the sky almost turns black at noon when the flocks of them fly over? Its been said that they will fly 30-40 miles in search of bait to feed on. Unfortunately anchoring is going to be a little bit tricky out in the Blue Zone but if there is a will, there is a way! Would make for a nice break between catching Kings and Bows!

trespassers is the key word
they put themselves in harm's way if they get shot at Pottahawk
Slap a label on someone and shot 'em down.. My given right! My membership says so. Lol

Hope my kids and I aren't having a swim while your hunting.

Crummybun not trying to pee in the cornflakes
do you know the basic hunting rules to get hunting permit for migratory birds
also do you realize that the LPC is nice enough to let people use the beach and shallow water around Pottahawk Point during the none hunting season.

Crummybun not trying to pee in the cornflakes
do you know the basic hunting rules to get hunting permit for migratory birds
also do you realize that the LPC is nice enough to let people use the beach and shallow water around Pottahawk Point during the none hunting season.
I do not know the rules, as I've never hunted for migratory birds. I was also unaware that LPC has any jurisdiction over pottahawk or the shallow waters surrounding it. If your comments were attempting to educate and not just "pee in the cornflakes", I guess I missed it. Cheers

cheers
we would not have much of anything down here if it wasn't for the Long Point Company.
I just get really upset by people not realizing that most hunters have drilled into themselves firearm safety is number one priority.
As an angler that has enjoyed the many opportunities available in the bay. I'm always interested in learning more about it. I appreciate the knowledge that you and others on this forum provide. We all need to help one another stay safe out there.

Please chime in if my post touches others expertise, I want to know.
From what I've learned about the corm over pop, egg oiling during nesting works. Saw another tested control were raccoons were released on the corm shit killed islands, with nothing else to eat, all nest, eggs gone in a yr.
Egg oiling, to those that say, whose going to climb the shit covered dead tree's, no one? We have drones spot spraying agricultural fields for out breaks, down to the meter, pretty sure they could oil a nest.
Those that need to shoot the scourge, how about good to go after Sept 1, boating season would be over, no shooting trespasser's or who's turf is who's? You want to spend the money and dispose, fill your boots.

Sorry Crash, just thought I'd throw out a couple other idea's, maybe your way work's better?
Step foot on your beach, fair game?

you started out on hunter shooting cormorants the then there will be you tube video
making hunters look bad that is very upsetting
now you want drones spraying oil on eggs when the racoons fail

well the birds are native to Ontario the racoons are too
but rainbow trout are not
so let the people with the education and science deal with them

The double-crested cormorant is a goose-sized waterbird native to North America
distributed across North America, from the Aleutian Islands in Alaska down to Florida and Mexico.

you started out on hunter shooting cormorants the then there will be you tube video
making hunters look bad that is very upsetting
now you want drones spraying oil on eggs when the racoons fail

well the birds are native to Ontario the racoons are too
but rainbow trout are not
so let the people with the education and science deal with them

Crash, there's already plenty of vid's on UT of corm culling? look enough you can find Bubba and the boy's blasting them nesting with night vision scopes? yey they have some great reg's down there?
Hour's of folk sneaking into factory farms and filming, trying to water shipment hogs/chicken, anything that will tug at the heart strings?
Why am I the enemy? cause I point out that corm culling will show starving birds and someone will vid that?
Only saying it'll hit the social media, sure as hell won't be me, not going to be out shooting them, but you want to, fill your boots
Sorry if something I said made you upset, please have a extra scoop of ice cream, and relax knowing those with the education and science will take care of us

well when you want to call out honest legal hunters saying that we do not care where we shoot or what we shoot at yes I am going to get angry because of someone trying to get all hunters and sporting shooters in trouble with bull shit.
saying that we the honest law abiding firearm owners do not have any intelligent thought as to how we discharge our lawful owned firearms.
saying we are stupid to shoot where some one is fishing or swimming.
take your BS some where else
you sound like you are a member of PETA and I do not mean the one
People eating Tastie Animals
as for the cormorants go train them to eat the invading Asian carp and gogies

look at that, you can ref the people eating tasty animals, guess you finished the ice cream, think that was a decade or so past? Come on, you see gunning in summer boating season as a ok event? really?
Enjoy, blast all the corms. you can, please don't shoot if I come near your beach?
Hunted for over 55 yrs, peta, really?

if you have hunted and know better than giving anyone reason to start on honest law abiding firearm owners
not your comments of discharging carelessly "gunning in summer boating season as a ok event?/Hunted for over 55 yrs"
it is people like you that give the rest of us a bad name
that cause more head aches

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks