Cormorants!

Honkey Donkey

I copied this from the Waterfowl forum.
But believe there are many Fishermen & Woman who do not hunt but would agree with this proposal.
Please go to the site and add your comments please.

http://www.ebr.gov.on.ca/ERS-WEB-Ex...qRhS-_xxWC1kpwpoysSp5kBynvoTk18PN3W6PE3nUdxOc

Here's your chance to provide comments if you support a cormorant harvest. This could be implemented next year. Laws and regulations would match existing waterfowl regulations and the bag limit would be 50 with no possession limit.

I would support this and did go to the site to voice my support. I spent a lot of time in central Minnesota when cormorants were a huge problem on Leech Lake. There were thousands upon thousands of them. The Ministry took steps to reduce their population and this definitely helped to bring the fishery back to what it once was.

It's about time! When I lived up in Owen Sound one day I was up in Harrison Park where the Sydenham River narrows. I was walking across a bridge when I saw a Cormorant diving in maybe a 3 or 4ft hole and on every dive it came up with a small Rainbow likely stalked by the Sydenham Sportsmen's Assoc.

Don't get me wrong, hate the fish eating, stink machines as much as anyone?? But shot guns and boating. Throw out the anchor and blast away? Going to make for some pretty interesting time out in the perch pack Saturday afternoons? Beer, shot guns, no body see a problem here?
Shoot em up, have at it, but not well I'm out with the fam.

Don't get me wrong, hate the fish eating, stink machines as much as anyone?? But shot guns and boating. Throw out the anchor and blast away? Going to make for some pretty interesting time out in the perch pack Saturday afternoons? Beer, shot guns, no body see a problem here?

You covered a lot of ground there. Somehow with shotguns in boats duck hunting, no mayhem ensues?
Shotguns, or perch rods, beer's not supposed to be part of the equation. See the problem there?

"Perch pack Saturday, Beer, shot guns"???? HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE????? If you don't like the proposal just comment to it. That comment here is stupid.

Really? check the MNR's stats on how many got busted this yr or last for alcohol related offences well hunting, and those are just the ones that got caught. Guess by adding a boat into the mix will make it all stop?

Guess what people hunt ducks out of in the bay? A boat. Not a thing will change out there if they open a cormorant season.

Agreed...ever heard of the ultra rare common sense approach? Should be a open season. Not.sure of food value besides dog food

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks