Cormorant season is on Sept 15 to Dec 31.

I was just reading about the province wide season 15 bird bag limit per day.
I couldn’t find any information on whether they are something you want to eat.
but they are certainly something we want to kill
I don't think you would want to eat them....too fishy...:yuck:

Careful letting ur labs retrieve em!! Apparently they are toxic from info that has been brought to my attention 🤨💩💩💩

Yey, great attitude for reg's, especially on a new hunt? And what about when they start washing up on beaches, cottage fronts and in marina's? They'll really be nice a week dead caught in the reeds next to someone's duck blind. Hunting is under a microscope at the best of times anymore, glad to see your doing your part to promote?
I don't own a gun warden Bob & i don't give a sh!t what you do with them, get your trophy mounted then beside a drake woodie. Start keeping your sheephead also.

Last edited by a moderator:
really big rod? your the one that suggested/posted to just leave them to float and rot. I just pointed out how stupid your statement was, and you get all pouty and resort to name calling? what are you, six or something?

really big rod? your the one that suggested/posted to just leave them to float and rot. I just pointed out how stupid your statement was, and you get all pouty and resort to name calling? what are you, six or something?
Regardless who shoots them, they will still wash up on shore. just like the odd goose or duck. it happens.
All tree huggers can relax, us hunters are doing our part so tree huggers can eat perch and walleye. look a little into the bigger picture and read up on what commies do the habitats and fish. then after your collection of knowledge come back and leave a comment that is worth while to read or be on this post.

I shot one in my pond the other day, I shoot coyotes, skunks, vermin in general, haven't missed getting a deer every fall forever? tree hugger far from it. I have educated myself on the corm cull, basically the mnr playing lip service to fishermen/hunter's, will hardly dint the population. If they were serious about knocking down the population, they'd cull them in there nesting colonies were they could get 100's at a time, and the next generation as well. And my argument wasn't with one or two washing up, it was the statement of shooting 15 and just leaving them.

I shot one in my pond the other day, I shoot coyotes, skunks, vermin in general, haven't missed getting a deer every fall forever? tree hugger far from it. I have educated myself on the corm cull, basically the mnr playing lip service to fishermen/hunter's, will hardly dint the population. If they were serious about knocking down the population, they'd cull them in there nesting colonies were they could get 100's at a time, and the next generation as well. And my argument wasn't with one or two washing up, it was the statement of shooting 15 and just leaving them.

Agreed. Putting oil on their eggs is far better than blasting 15. I'm seeing flocks of 50 to 100. 15 I dont think would even put a dent into them. Now I'm not saying it wouldnt be fun blasting them but I believe they are better solutions to population control.

Oh shit i couldn't find the 15 i shot, to rough, oh well i tried.

Not sure if you’re serious or not, but it’s ignorant and lazy slobs with that attitude who ruin hunting and fishing Opportunities for those who try to follow the rules.

It seems the general public can tolerate seeing some garbage left behind or a little trespassing, but carcasses laying about really seems to set people off.

The hunt will be cancelled in short order, and rightly so, if people start letting too many cormorants float around. Just something to think about.

It happens, yes it can happen the odd one not get recovered
But if everyone started leaving 15/day purposely wouldn’t take long for hundreds to be floating a shore. Which isn’t good for anyone, also wonder what kind of damage they could do to a boat or it’s motor if gets hit at 30-60mph

Whatever you do, find a landowner that will let you dispose of the carcasses. Dig a hole bury them, cover them up with brush, just don't let the public get a chance to post a picture on social media. It will become a circus.

i found the humor, I too agree there are a lot of tree huggers here this time of year, yakin about things they shouldn't, cause this is a fishing and hunting forum.

Agreed. Putting oil on their eggs is far better than blasting 15. I'm seeing flocks of 50 to 100. 15 I dont think would even put a dent into them. Now I'm not saying it wouldnt be fun blasting them but I believe they are better solutions to population control.
you can volunteer to go find every nest and put oil on the eggs. i select you to be oil leader of eggs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks