cold night

From what I understand there are some guys lost off st.willies tonight, I shur hope they all get home safe.

wow i thought we were the last ones off last night til we got to shore and saw a white truck an trailor still there? it got pretty cold and nasty at dark. we werent that far out and i had to consult the gps to double check i was on course for home?? i hope they got to safety?.
sorry re-read your post, we were out of old cut not st willys but non the less scary thought to be lost out there.

i get all my exercise..pushing my luck!!...Alex Van.

Hi all.
brave1s.
The white truck and trailer was my friends. It did get nasty ands here is a little storey.
There were three odf us fishing and we were about a 1/3 of a mile past Jimmy's Huts. There weather got bad so I sent my two friends in on my Skidoo as I have experience dealing with say, a night on the ice and other such survival situations. After they left the visibility really went down. They missed Old Cut by a little but got to the truck fine. They called me on the Cell phone and I told them to stay there as I would call Jimmy Riggin and see if he would pick me up as Jimmy has the experience and Knowlege required to find me.
Sure enough Jimmy came and got me. I had a very bright light to guide Jimmy to me once he got to his huts and all worked out fine.
As we came off the Lake there were many flashing lights and a lot of people as someone else was way out there and had called for help. I thanked all the people there for coming even though they were not there for me.
It's good to know that these people are available.
I will post my fishing report for Saturday and Sunday on a differant thread.
Cheers, Clark

ive been out there at night with a little snow, didnt even need the gps,but it would b scary out there if you didnt know, glad everyones ok, newbies, dont get ideas. if you take chances,make you sure you have the tools and knowledge to get out if you run into problems, dont mess with Erie.

fishing,for some a hobby, for most an addiction

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks