Colchester

fishing girl pink

Went out with my hubby. Had a great day ran worm harness. Caught 3 big eyes. Our problem is other fish like worms too therefore we ran out of worms. Lol.

Attachments

• 09512C49-B3B3-4879-852A-A700C52C64AC.jpeg
    09512C49-B3B3-4879-852A-A700C52C64AC.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 8C1113C1-DA1D-4418-8171-06D55D28F8C1.jpeg
    8C1113C1-DA1D-4418-8171-06D55D28F8C1.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 110
When the silvers are in you can go through a ton of worms down there but I'm surprised they are there already...usually a bit later on in the season. There is a little Bait shop in Colchester too if you do run out.

I don't understand the fascination with using worms 🤷🏻‍♂️ Too much of a hassle and too many junk fish if you ask me. Get the speed up, throw some bigger body baits behind the boat and cover some water until you find the hungry Walleye.

Josh

I don't understand the fascination with using worms 🤷🏻‍♂️ Too much of a hassle and too many junk fish if you ask me. Get the speed up, throw some bigger body baits behind the boat and cover some water until you find the hungry Walleye.

Josh
I was told to go slow in the spring. Next time I will try. Josh at anglers in Woodstock told me to gave it a try. I don’t run that way in the summer.

The waters 50f+, and the fish are post spawn and hungry! No reason to troll slow. They're out there chasing bait and putting on weight. If you've ever seen reports from across the lake, those guys troll body baits all winter as long as they can get the boats in....I don't believe there's ever a need to fish super slow and drag crawlers on Erie myself.

Josh

The waters 50f+, and the fish are post spawn and hungry! No reason to troll slow. They're out there chasing bait and putting on weight. If you've ever seen reports from across the lake, those guys troll body baits all winter as long as they can get the boats in....I don't believe there's ever a need to fish super slow and drag crawlers on Erie myself.

Josh
True but they also pull lots of harnesses in Ohio too....I agree about the speed though, I always go a lot faster than most with good results. This time of year I've been starting with half harnesses and half body baits and let the fish decide. Some days the cranks are on fire, other days the harnesses do well. I just put the jigging stuff away and loaded up the trolling gear for Lake St Clair tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.

its been my experience willow leaf high speed worm harnesses will keep up with and run together with crankbaits..
the June worm bite is like no other... its a time where I really enjoy light line spinning on the flatline..
on tough bite times adding a piece of worm to the rear treble on one hook to your favourite crankbait can be rewarding..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks