Classifieds Section Changes

As mentioned elsewhere, the advertising income that Channel 6-8 generates is less these days and expenses are more. The Classifieds Section was meant to be a perk to frequent contributors of content or those providing financial support to Channel 6-8. However, it's my opinion that the Classifieds are often used by those seeking only to sell their goods, for free, to those in the Channel 6-8 community. Additionally, ads are often for firearms and related items, which are frowned upon by my key advertising partners, and result in no related advertising income on that content. So, I've decided to make the following changes regarding use of the Classified Section.

• Those that have the Channel 6-8 R.O.C. designation can continue to use the Classifieds Section for free to sell small ticket items (<$100) and post "wanted" ads, etc. .
  • For other Classified users, or those wanting to sell bigger ticket items like boats, trailers, ATVs and the like, there is now in place an option to purchase "PromoThreads" in the Classified section. I've introduced some advertsing packages that enable this new capability and have restricted some permissions in the Classifieds Section in support of these changes. The current options are shown below.View attachment 68870
  • A new "Ads Manager" menu item allows you to access the Ad Packages above and create threads in the Classifieds Section.
    View attachment 68874
  • Payment options are PayPal or e-transfer
  • Existing ads in the Classified Section will remain as they are for a month.

A lot of code and configuration changes underpin this advertising function and there are likely to be some issues. Please start a conversation with me if you have questions about these changes or notice issues with function.
Hi Stomp , i would like to post in the classified but can,t. I think i have to donate to the site. not sure who to send an e transfer to and how much. Could you help. Thanks

Hi Stomp , i would like to post in the classified but can,t. I think i have to donate to the site. not sure who to send an e transfer to and how much. Could you help. Thanks
Stomp will send you the link to transfer to and you'll love the site even more after that (unless you like pop ups). Like them or not it's money well spent to be keeping one of the or the most active and Informative forums going in Ontario. Well worth the donation all day long

@normcyr , the current available ads packages are shown here and pictured below. If you've obtained the 6-8 ROC, you're entitled to "free" use of the Classifieds, within reason. Please start a conversation with me if you have questions.

1680962702259.png

I am not sure what to do. When i click on create ad it says i do not have permission.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks