Cinnamonn teal

Heard through the vine that a cin teal was shot at the point with a band from calinforna is this true ???

Here's a picture of that Cinnamon Teal. No word on the band yet.
It was more luck than anything but I'm happy with it in any case.

100_3396.jpg

Hunt to live and live to hunt

Congratulations!
Very rare to bag one of those
Well Worth stuffin'!

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

Good stuff live2hunt, I've only ever shot or seen them in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Gotta love those wall trophy's.

I’ve been talking to the bird banding lab because the band is really worn and they said I might need to send it to them (not too keen on letting it out of my hand but I might)

Just a thought - can you hold a piece of paper over it, and gently shade in the paper with a pencil to pull out the markings? Works in the movies...lol

Yep, send the band in, they will etch it (and you will get the band back)! see below

"If you find a bird band with one or more numbers worn off (or if the band number is struck with shot) mail it to the Bird Banding Laboratory to be etched. The number can be retrieved successfully in most cases. Bands are etched using a strong acid solution. The band metal in areas where the number was stamped is weaker and the strong acid solution erodes away more metal where there were numbers, so the actual number is seen when the band is rinsed. The band will be returned to you when the number has been determined if you request it be returned.

To send a band to the Bird Banding Laboratory, tape the band between two pieces of cardboard, wrap the band in padding, or place it in a small box if you want to keep it round. This is very important, as otherwise the band may cut the envelope and be lost in the postal system. Send the band with all the information on how, when, and where you found the band with your address to Bird Banding Laboratory, 12100 Beech Forest Lane, Laurel MD 20708 Attention: Band to Be Etched. If you include a request to return the band, it will be mailed back to you whether we are successful in retrieving a number or not."

Please let us know the results!

Michael L. Schummer
Scientist
Long Point Waterfowl
learn more at www.longpointwaterfowl.org

& visit us on Facebook under Long Point Waterfowl

Great looking Teal - Congrats! Coincidentally, we're featuring the Cinnamon Teal on the 2014 Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp (for the Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit). Happy Hunting!

Wildlife Habitat Canada
www.whc.org

nice thanks for the pic !! always keeps u on your toes when in the marsh as u never know who is goin to drop into the spread !!

Dear Live2Hunt,

I'm very interested on getting some details about your Cinnamon Teal such as location, names of observers, etc.. Please contact me at lpbo@birdscanada.org

thanks

stu

quote:
Originally posted by live2hunt

Here's a picture of that Cinnamon Teal. No word on the band yet.
It was more luck than anything but I'm happy with it in any case.

100_3396.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks