Charter Info?

John Tylak

Does anyone have the contact info for "Big Dick" fishing charters?

Now, this is a true story. My graduating High School geography class chartered 2 boats out to the light house, including the one you mention. So, yes, many of my classmates rode on the Big Dick:D. I was in Gordie Overbaugh's boat, which had a less suggestive name.

I hope your not going to touch that whitetail
It used to charter out of Port Rowan. Check with the Port Rowan Harbour Marina. 519 426 5999

If @oldcutmarina is right on this one chef then all I will say is: "I can't imagine anyone having the guts to drive a charter boat past a pier lined with people, especially women, with that title in large print slapped down the side of it". Can you picture a logo to go with it? I mean just think about that one for a minute. :eek: :whistle: :rolleyes:

Jim Erdelac owned the boat and then he sold it and the business and retired . I don't believe it is being used any more. Wayne May Greenwing Fishing Charters 519- 586-2006

Thank you very much for the info, hopefully I'll be able to track him down. If not, can anyone suggest another charter that can accommodate a large group? I'm trying to coordinate a bass outing.

Thanks

A group of us from work chartered the Big Dick for years. Jim was always right on the fish and provided a first rate time. If memory serves me right, I think the Big Dick is still up on shore in Port Rowen, isn t it..

We also used to charter the big dick and because we were a large group, we also chartered the black duck. It seemed the upper echelon of the group always had Jim and the younger guys were on the duck. Many good trips and we didn't worry about the boats name. Now it brings a laugh.

If @oldcutmarina is right on this one chef then all I will say is: "I can't imagine anyone having the guts to drive a charter boat past a pier lined with people, especially women, with that title in large print slapped down the side of it". Can you picture a logo to go with it? I mean just think about that one for a minute. :eek: :whistle: :rolleyes:

50% likely wouldn't even notice the name
49% would likely have quite the chuckle
1% would be up in arms claiming it's obscene and disrespectful using the good ole "won't someone think of the children!?" line

Now I want to smack that name on the back of my boat just to see if I can get a rise out of some do-gooders :D:p

speaking of charter stuff , Dick Delaney, pike fishing etc---

bunch of us went out with Dick a few? years ago for some pike action
we were shown his tech with Williams wablers and turned loose
as usual was the butt of several comments about my fish catching ability
finally connect with a REAL good fish
fella that had the most to say springs into action----I'LL NET IT FOR YOU GORD
get the fish up to the boat, does his thing---------------and blew it
humble pie was now on the menu and the expression on his face was priceless
almost made losing the fish worth it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks