channel speed ,Burwell

SRT8

I have been in Burwell sitting on the beach with the family saturday and sunday and have noticed some boaters (fisherman) going WAY to fast in the channel even overtaking people following the speed limits if you are in a channel the speed limit is 10mph unless otherwise posted there's no need to be going 25mph in the channel SLOW down before you hurt someone in a smaller craft or damage a moored boat.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Well said SRT8. Had a guy last year pass me at full tilt in the channel, just to get ahead of me at the ramp, in a word, jackass!!!

Brian (Legend Man)

same thing today 2 boats passing me on the way out and way in its bull s!!! but there's always those guys out there in a rush to sit and wait at the ramp grow up Boy's

Two years ago same guy passed me twice in that channel on plane, same guy was petitioning to have it dredged.

Go Figure!

BD

I going to have to agree with fish stalker, the reason most guys get going a bit early near the end of the east pier is because its fairly shallow and they dont feel like draging bottom.....There are cases of guys doing other stupid things in the river but thats never going to change! Dont be too quick to judge unless you actually know the play boys.......

If the 10mph is an enforced limit not a suggestion then there is no reason to exceed that period. If the previous sentence is true and you are worried about hitting bottom, launch somewhere else. Maybe you should try that excuse next time you get pulled over for speeding?

Scott

When did tilting your motor go out of style???? there's no need to be on plane in a narrow channel....but yea they have an on-going battle at Burwell with incoming shifting sand which makes the channel EVEN NARROWER

This weekend with the storm there was alot of logs/branches/dead heads that were floating down the channel. Hit one of those on plane or worst... you see it at last minute and try to avoid doing a wild turn and your into the bank/wall. No need for speed there. Trim up, slow down, NO WAKE and if your drafting more than 5 feet...launch somewhere else. Once your lake side you can get to the fishing grounds as fast as you want.

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Bones

I going to have to agree with fish stalker, the reason most guys get going a bit early near the end of the east pier is because its fairly shallow and they dont feel like draging bottom.....There are cases of guys doing other stupid things in the river but thats never going to change! Dont be too quick to judge unless you actually know the play boys.......

I saw the same boat come in all the way up to the bend before bradfeilds on plane the hole way. There's no reason for it not rubbing bottom is BS its a shallow channel deal with it or go to bruce the speeds which this guy was going is unsafe and I watched the slow mo.tug and a fishing tug smashing into the wall for 10 mins after he passed also saw a 12' tinny come out shortly after can't imagine the ride they went for. I'm not trying to start a battle here just use some common sence and play by the rules if you flip someone that doesn't swim and they die your responsible period its not worth killin someone.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

There are IDIOTS everywhere (including jail where they belong!) that care about no one but themselves....watch out 4 them!! Safe boating, safe summer, take someone fishing during "no licence required FAMILY fishing week" --- tight lines!!!
Fishstalker

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks