? cant count

Gord to add to your confusion look at the note for the little star Aggregate Limits see page 7. Long story short only 2 of the 5 can be rainbows but the others can be browns.

Stick

All I ask from livin' is to have no chains on me!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Thanks guys---now I'm REALLY confused.

The people that wrote these regs must be rolling on the floor LMAO--lets see them figure this one out!!!!!!

So as long as I dont take more then two bows I'm good to go----that'll be the day:p

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

The regs can definitely be confusing. I keep a copy in my car so anytime I will be fishing water that I am not absolutely 100% about I re-read them until I am fully comfortable that I am within the law. I also keep the MNR 1-800 number in my phone, although I have called 3 times now over the years and have yet to see any follow up.

If you have a blackberry you can have the regs in your pocket while fishing just save the website to your bookmarks as long as you have service you have the regs with you.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

Originally posted by SRT8

If you have a blackberry you can have the regs in your pocket while fishing just save the website to your bookmarks as long as you have service you have the regs with you.

Excellent point...I havent thought of that. I havent been taking the BB with me as often since I went for a swim while flyfishing the grand in the summer. That cost me a phone :(

Lately though I have been ziplocking it so that I have it with me at least.

Anyway, suggestion noted and thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by fisherman

8Dpepole like this are fast to engage in .[xx(]taking of more than needed and some pepole are fast to condem those that fish by the rules comercial or other wise an aylmer chap was recently banned for 2 years and fined for perch selling without a commercial licence SOME DAY ONE OF YOU P . C . NUTS LOOK UP THE TORONTO STAR STORY FROM THE LATE 60..S,OF HOW LAKE ERIE WAS SAVE FROM FISH DESTRUCTION IN THOSE YEARS by ur fav . pepole to knock / they hired a netherland sientice to solve eries problems not the mnr or fisheries and oceans but ta ta the comercial boys and they paid for it look it up youll change yourmind about wats wat out there im a angler but i have a great distaste for those who use a sounding board to knock something that they dont research first ty have a good day :D

what language was this written in. Thx

im aware that there are those who intentionally go out to poach, but i wonder how many of these people are honestly clueless regarding regs? look at how many mistakes are made on fishing forums every year regarding fishing regulations. then you have all those people that dont visit fishing forums and have difficulty understanding them with no help from others.

i've reported poachers in the past and will continue to do so. but, if you'd talk to these people instead of acting like enraged morons screaming at these people you'd see that some of them really dont have a clue. it's VERY easy to read most people and know when they're intentionally. thats when i casually say goodbye and call the hotline when im out of sight.

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

im aware that there are those who intentionally go out to poach, but i wonder how many of these people are honestly clueless regarding regs? look at how many mistakes are made on fishing forums every year regarding fishing regulations. then you have all those people that dont visit fishing forums and have difficulty understanding them with no help from others.

i've reported poachers in the past and will continue to do so. but, if you'd talk to these people instead of acting like enraged morons screaming at these people you'd see that some of them really dont have a clue. it's VERY easy to read most people and know when they're intentionally. thats when i casually say goodbye and call the hotline when im out of sight.

I totally agree with you, but there are still lots of poachers out there who "lie or pretend" they dont know. The guy in question knows damn well what he has been doing for years is wrong, and well if nothing or no one is going to do nothing about it, these people will continue. That stopped Wednesday, for this individual anyway. He tried to tell the CO it was his first time ever fishing there, yet of the many times Ive made my way there, he's always there... Half the time they just act dumb, like they dont know, but they know.

Although there are some honest people out there who just dont know, like you say.

halloween09.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by rock34

The regs can definitely be confusing. I keep a copy in my car so anytime I will be fishing water that I am not absolutely 100% about I re-read them until I am fully comfortable that I am within the law. I also keep the MNR 1-800 number in my phone, although I have called 3 times now over the years and have yet to see any follow up.

I hope you continue to call. I have always heard back from a CO, within a half hour, SRT8 will attest to this as well. They are always good for getting back to us. I hear otherwise on some of the huron tribs, but continue to take the extra couple minutes and make the call. Its up to us, as the ethical anglers.
Make sure you have the number correct to, as there is no 1-800 mnr number. Its 1-877-tips-mnr.

halloween09.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

quote:
Originally posted by rock34

I hope you continue to call. I have always heard back from a CO, within a half hour, SRT8 will attest to this as well. They are always good for getting back to us. I hear otherwise on some of the huron tribs, but continue to take the extra couple minutes and make the call. Its up to us, as the ethical anglers.
Make sure you have the number correct to, as there is no 1-800 mnr number. Its 1-877-tips-mnr.

I wont stop calling ever

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

I totally agree with you, but there are still lots of poachers out there who "lie or pretend" they dont know. The guy in question knows damn well what he has been doing for years is wrong, and well if nothing or no one is going to do nothing about it, these people will continue. That stopped Wednesday, for this individual anyway. He tried to tell the CO it was his first time ever fishing there, yet of the many times Ive made my way there, he's always there... Half the time they just act dumb, like they dont know, but they know.

Although there are some honest people out there who just dont know, like you say.

like i said...its usually easy to tell if the poaching is intentional or not. i always talk to people before calling just to test the waters. i'm usually nicer to the intentional poachers...keeps them in the area longer ;)

in this case it seems like its another case of us not having enough CO's around here to deal with these idiots the first time they poach. i'm 25 and grew up 2 blocks from the grand and have fished it a lot, but i still havent seen a single CO on the grand...EVER.

I have it on good authority that the fines were almost $500.

BD

I hope you're right BD. I'll have to ask the CO next time I see him. At least the dirtbag hasn't been seen around that section of creek since.

Stick

All I ask from livin' is to have no chains on me!

DSC00287cropped.jpg

Thats the first I heard of him back there. Doesnt suprise me though, we all know who this idiot is, keep a close eye on him.

Jordy, check your mail too

halloween09.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks