camera theft

meridian

Went for a walk this morning to pick up my cameras, got to my tree stand and no camera.
Did get few pics of him on the other camera that was off to one side.
Unfortunately, no clear picture of his face .
I will be able to recognize the way he is dressed if I see him out there.

This happens too often, i suggest metal box to put camera in, and a long cable lock, i have these on all 8 cameras i use, none have gone missing,
One other thing i do is i use a tree step, the ones that have 3 rungs, and mount camera out of reach face downward.
hope this helps.

I carry a lightweight 6 ft ladder and get mine at least 10 feet above ground level. Before I started doing that I left a note inside my cameras saying that they where password protected and useless if stolen, so they just took the sd card which likely had their face on it.
Most modern cameras should be password protected and would be useless.

Thankfully I haven’t lost any yet
But I do see people that shouldn’t be where they are from time to time

Old or not ... stealing is stealing ! I will assume you were on your private posted property ? So we can add a trespass charge on top of theft.

I have lost 2 of which 1 last year. I had to post my own bush and so far ok. The short tree ladder sounds like a good idea.

I've switched to all $50 cameras, and where I see a lot of trespassers I switch my cameras to be high and pointed at a downward angle. They just have to be out of the line of sight and trespassers walk right by (doesn't work though if you've pointed it at bait or beside your tree stand as they will stop and look around).

I never use the lock on the SD card door (only had one cam that had that) so that the SD card is easily stolen. I'd rather they take the card and leave the cam.

I know one guy locally had a slug put through his metal lock box.

this camera was on LPCA property , lots of people coming and going
It’s sad have to lock it or lose it!!
Im of the mindset to buy your own camera
Same with cannabis being legal grow your own plants, why you out stealing other peoples property!

The way to go now is cellar all pictures come to your phone and that way you got picture of the person and even if he is smart enough to come from behind the camera is still no good to him cause it is registered to you

Hate to add to a sad situation but was out checking my three cameras today and ALL GONE

After reading some of the ideas about mounting up high etc I might try again but right now don't feel like investing in another camera or two only to have them go missing now that they know someone is hunting the bush and I'm sure they will be back looking ( haven't seen anyone there for the last 5 years! )

contacted the adjoining bush owner and the guys he has hunting his property also had a camera stolen
What the fudge is wrong with people

I'm Pissed

I had an old 6 ft step ladder and drilled the rivets out so it was only the one side. Made a gun sling style of strap and carry on shoulder.

It is a great thing to have public land to hunt on , the only problem is that the public is allowed access.
I'm on private property but we used a ladder to put our cameras up and out of reach and a pocket full of different shims to get the right angle. We also put up and take down our tree stands just before and just after the hunt. I would be checking kijiji and other want ads for "used trail cams" .

Public land is just that public land
People can’t get mad if someone’s “in your spot” just have to move on to the next one.

We park our cars in public parking lots and knowingly expect to have to lock your car doors to detour thief’s
Or boat trailer to your truck “lock it or lose it” seen that sign a number of times in public park lots.

can’t get too excited about trail cam being stolen if it wasn’t locked and secure on public land.
it’s pretty pathetic of people to go out with bolt cutters hunting for trail cams to steal I will say that for sure!

sorry to hear about the camera thieves again..it really is sickning

jus to mention with my permission granted prime deer hunting property over half a concession...Over many years theres been ongoing problems with poachers and tresspassers hunting deer on this property...you mentioned about stealing..what kind of so called hunter will go to all lengths of traveling by foot and sneaking in the back way and leaving gut piles..I believe thats the type that will steal your cameras and the tree stands.. and night poaching deer has been going on for years..

also to mention I was down to the gas station last night and was suprised to see..and said hi to a game warden filling up the MNR enforcement truck..I had a chat with a new to me lady MNR officer..very friendly.. she says she has been busy with long hours with the deer season.. checking out the regular ones deer hunters and a good number of new ones.. saying that it has been very time consuming..then I switched the chat to fishing and it was all good..
I can bet when the numbers of charges come out and posted...don't be suprised..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks