Cabelas sale on fish finder

tazmania

I have been waiting and waiting.
Pension life says I cant afford the 1500-3000 units but this will be a long awaited upgrade from a parana 185 lol
Now to wait on the doorstep for my package to arrive

Giddy kid on Christmas

I have a few years older unit that doesn't have touch screen but it has been great. Buy a tube of dielectric grease if it has the removable face plate to coat the connection prongs and tilt the mount downwards when not using to avoid water accumulation

I have the 9” version and it is awesome. I am debating on pulling the trigger on the 7” for the lower helm and networking them. It won’t matter for my application bc the two would be sharing a transducer but I don’t see any mention of what if any ducer comes with that unit on the cabela’s ad. I know they sell them with and without. If I was you I would confirm that. Those uhd ducers ain’t cheap.

Cabela's is terrible for nor listing enough info on their products @tazmania. However I'm pretty sure that chart plotter comes with a GT56 transducer for Garmin CHIRP traditional sonar and Ultra High-Definition ClearVü and SideVü scanning sonars and also has Canada Lakevu G3 mapping. That's a fantastic price for a great unit, ENJOY! 😁

I have the 9" version that is a year old. Its excellent. Major upgrade over what you have.

As long as its one of the units I have been eying it comes with the gt54 transducer. Will keep you posted when it arrives. Its great that the head unit unclips from the mounting unit. Hopefully the remaining mouting unit will fit under my trailering cover 👍👍

As long as its one of the units I have been eying it comes with the gt54 transducer. Will keep you posted when it arrives. Its great that the head unit unclips from the mounting unit. Hopefully the remaining mouting unit will fit under my trailering cover 👍👍
Just checked the Garmin website which shows the GT56UHD-TM Transducer as the only one you can get on the SV which has both down and side imaging. The ECHOMAP UHD 75cv model come with the GT24UHD-TM Transducer, they don't even show the GT54 for either model. Just by the original price (not sale) I think you will see the GT56 hopefully. Of course it also supports other optional transducers as well.

I have been waiting and waiting.
Pension life says I cant afford the 1500-3000 units but this will be a long awaited upgrade from a parana 185 lol
Now to wait on the doorstep for my package to arrive

Giddy kid on Christmas

Yeah me too, been waiting on one for a while. Now just waiting on the courier. For anyone that has one how do they perform at speed say 15 -20 mph ? I realize a lot has to do with boat configuration and transducer mounting. Also is the Active Captain easy to use for a old guy ? I bought the Garmin hoping that all around it was user friendly.

Yeah me too, been waiting on one for a while. Now just waiting on the courier. For anyone that has one how do they perform at speed say 15 -20 mph ? I realize a lot has to do with boat configuration and transducer mounting. Also is the Active Captain easy to use for a old guy ? I bought the Garmin hoping that all around it was user friendly.
Yea, I picked one up today. Tired of using my handheld gps. Thanks for the heads up.

Unit has arrived. How long can I stare at it before I pull the boat out of storage 🤔

I have been tempted to crawl in under the tarp with a headlight on to do a couple of things when it was milder.

If you have a power pack you can fire it up and do a simple set up.

I put a friend's waypoints into his new system so he had everything at his fingertips his first trip out.

I see the sale is over and back to regular price of $1,299.99. It's out of stock now and at half that price I wonder why? That was a great buy for sure so happy to see many members cashed in while on sale. (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks