Burwell with Icefisherman

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We finally managed to hook up with Icefisherman and his two young sons for a day at Burwell. The big boys wanted to troll for walleye but the youngsters seemed to think perch were a better idea. We trolled for an hour and half or so and it didn't seem that it was going to be a stellar day for 'eyes so we headed to Hastings in search of Jumbos. The boys mostly slept and played with the minnows but were a big help holding the cooler lid open so we could fill it with perch. Didn't get a final count but it was around 100 nice size perch between the three of us (and two helpers). All five boys had a great day on the water and look forward to another very soon.

Emil took care of the photography and will post some pics later.

Well,

after not hearing much on the radio and not seeing much on the sonar, captain made the executive and correct decision to change target spices....the photo results of that decision are bellow:
Since Stomp initiated those cooler shots we had to oblige:

Double headers, mixed doubles, huge pigs....waooo...I do a lot of Lake Simcoe perching in the fall and some in winter but those Erie perch are something else. Now I kind of understand the locals obsession with perching vs. eyes or bows on Erie...

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

After such a busy day on the water someone mentioned the word "beach" on the way back...so we had to stop there for some water fun, followed by visits to the burger and ice cream shops....

IMG_0456.jpg

All that made for a happy crew on the return trip home ha ha ha

Special thanks to Greg for the great company and professional ride even in not so perfect wind condition...

Also to Stomp for very valuable and timely info...

Guys, get ready for some serious fishing soon with some more weight on your lines ha ha ha.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

You can't beat a cooler full of jumbos:D, that's a good boat ride to hastings!!!

Brian (Legend Man)

Great catch guys; huge perch there!

Give the kudos to Big Dave. I've just been along for the ride out there (and it's been a damn good ride for a minnow-dunker like me).

Nice job on the perch.....you did catch a couple of them this time right.:D

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Ya I did BR & this time I have witnesses! The boy still claims he outfished the rest of us 2:1 or something stupid but at least he admits for once that he didn't catch them all. Strangely though, he became very quiet and seemed to disappear altogether when the cleaning table got set up. He mysteriously reappeared when the deep fryer came out...teenagers; go figure.

Sounds like its time for a family meeting.:D

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks