Burwell weather

fishing girl pink

Anyone out what’s the lake like. Or Bruce.

That is why I am in my backyard Oasis pumping down the pool readying it for Winter. Sigh.
I already winterized the pool a couple of weeks ago... next will be the boat, sigh! :cry:

On a side note Stephen the last few seasons I've been using a skimmer dam so no need to pump pool down before winterizing anymore. When I open I don't need to fill it either just shock and ready to go and saves on the water bill also. :)

Last edited:
I already winterized the pool a couple of weeks ago... next will be the boat, sigh! :cry:
Sad to read @Wave Runner !! about winterizing your boat next,👎😒now that your pool has been done. I and many other’s I am sure enjoyed reading about your great walleye/rainbow trout fishing trip’s & your great success with Darren,etc. out on Lake Erie this past season. Here’s hoping for a quick winter & more walleye’s post’s from you in 2022. Tight lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to you & Darren,etc. in 2022!! 🚤🎣🐟👍👍🙂

@Wave Runner curious about the skimmer dam and what you do with your lines.

Might have to go to one of the multiple pool shops around town and have a chat.

@Wave Runner curious about the skimmer dam and what you do with your lines.

Might have to go to one of the multiple pool shops around town and have a chat.
In the links is what is used for a dam at skimmer. I silicone it around before I push it in so it never leaks. When you open the pool push the plug out from the outside then the silicone pulls off quite easily. I install the dam in the skimmer first and then unscrew the directional flow inlet fitting shown in the photo and screw a plug you buy at any pool place back in to seal it for the winter. I have the O-ring screw away fittings on both the skimmer and intake lines that allow me to just unscrew my lines by hand which I put away in the basement for the winter. I roll the sand filter on cart into my garage for the winter also. I bring in the pool pump, Nature 2 filter housing and salt generator to the basement also so nothing is left outside for the winter but the pool of course. It's a very easy process.
1632100752510.png

Last edited:
Ok, I get it @Wave Runner .

I have added multiple unions and valves to my system because when I bought the house years ago there weren't any.

Took three people just to pull the skimmer out of the pump and keep the water in the pool. LOL

A couple more unions just outside of the pool walls would make it work.

I bring my pump into the basement, everything else remains drained outside.

Sad to read @Wave Runner !! about winterizing your boat next,👎😒now that your pool has been done. I and many other’s I am sure enjoyed reading about your great walleye/rainbow trout fishing trip’s & your great success with Darren,etc. out on Lake Erie this past season. Here’s hoping for a quick winter & more walleye’s post’s from you in 2022. Tight lines & walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! to you & Darren,etc. in 2022!! 🚤🎣🐟👍👍🙂
Oh not ready to winterize the boat just yet Erich. I want to do some more trips yet before the walleye do their annual disappearing act. After that if I have any success I want to do some deep water perch fishing during Oct. and Nov. hopefully. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks