Burwell Sunday Morning

CourtLund

Had the boat in the water by 5:15, and headed east again...

was choppy out there today, but managed to snag the bottom and set up for some perch. It was slow but steady in the morning, as other boats came and left our area. With 35 nice jumbos in the box we got greedy and decided to take a chance and headed over to the pack that was forming south of the silver barn. We never could get properly anchored again, and for the next 1.5 hours basically caught nothing but gobies. Should have stayed put I guess!!

Finished out the day with the 35 jumbos. All caught on pickeral rigs in 39 fow just west of the silver barn.

Still a nice bag of fillets for the freezer!

Does anyone know where I can get a roll of anchor line at a fair price? I think thats my problem.... not enough line out.

photo-1.jpg

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

Nice perch!!!!
Take a look at this site.
http://www.drop-n-stay.com/
I use a 100ft and a drop-n-stay and the anchor rarely lets go, even in 50fow with a good chop.

Brian (Legend Man)

i will back up the drop and stay too. 100 feet of rope and no issues yet out of burwell for 2 seasons

well worth it

cheers

herefishyfishy

Hey Courtlund, go see Rob at Extreme Marine in Nilestown. You won't find a better price for anchor rope & anything else you need GUARANTEED!!!! If you need directions just ask.

Thanks for the info guys... Will look it up!:)

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

Nice job Courtlund n Rob.:)

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Going to give it a try again on Sunday and Monday(wether permiting)
Maybe I'll try in further this time.

First ever reply from my black berry fishing on the water,nice catch my friend... there will be more perch,their just warming up now..they'll be there for a while...slow warm up in the water will keep em near shore.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks