Burwell ramps

DaveJ

I dont normally go out of Burwell but thought Id try this week. Whats the best marina/launch to go out of..I'll likely be by myself

I dont normally go out of Burwell but thought Id try this week. Whats the best marina/launch to go out of..I'll likely be by myself
I would go to Big Otter myself with the water so high seems to be a better bet. They also sell ice there. It’s $15 to launch there.

When I went to try their ramp on Wednesday it was under water but Big Otter was not so to me spending the extra 5 bucks is worth it to keep dry. When we came in their ramp was better but if you want to stay dry I would recommend big otter...just my opinion.

As already said pt buwell Mariana is a site sponsor. I keep my boat there and the boys r always very helpful putting boasts in. Things look a bit messy because of the high water but this is a problem everywhere this year. Let’s not use this site to hurt those that support it. Just my opinion

When I went to try their ramp on Wednesday it was under water but Big Otter was not so to me spending the extra 5 bucks is worth it to keep dry. When we came in their ramp was better but if you want to stay dry I would recommend big otter...just my opinion.
Fair comment @rockin-steelhead; some may prefer to pay more to avoid having to roll up their pant legs. And I would recommend pants and thick socks to avoid bites from those damn flies.

FYI I was not nor am I bad mouthing NEM. I was just stating my opinion and what I saw on Wednesday and didn’t feel like getting wet myself.

Well you are now evil and must be punished.... I didn't realize that giving a good review for someone who is not a site sponsor was a crime in 6-8 land but it appears that it is. I completely understand the idea of not running down a site sponsor but it doesn't seem that is what you did, maybe I'm wrong.

We'll just have to be more careful in the future.

Last edited:
Well you are now evil and must be punished.... I didn't realize that giving a good review for someone who is not a site sponsor was a crime in 6-8 land but it appears that it is. I completely understand the idea of not running down a site sponsor but it doesn't seem that is what you did, maybe I'm wrong.

We'll just have to be more careful in the future.
Yes for Gawd's sake ... be careful... there's a lot on the line here

Would also like to comment on the service the Burwell Marina provides, never seen it anywhere else, they help you park and shuttle you back to the launch too :)?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks