Burwell July 1st afternoon

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We finally managed to get the whole family out for a few hours this afternoon (the girls insisted on sleeping in). We set up in 58 fow due south of port at 12:30 and had 3 eyes in the boat within 20 minutes. We worked the area until about 3:30 and managed 3 more eyes and a nice bow. Took fish on 5 & 7 colour leadcore, dipsies, and downriggers all fished at around 30-35 feet down. Spoons seemed to be the ticket as long as they had some purple in them and one fish was taken on a blue/silver redfin. There is a very definite thermocline setting up at around 35 feet. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera but the girls are a bit camera shy anyway...
Great Canada Day on the lake!

Thanks for the report G.Mech. May do a follow-up sometime next week. Hope we do as well.

Was also out 9 till 2. 61 feet. 2 rainbows of the cheater line. 2 pickeral off the 7color leadcore. Most fish off orange spoons. One pickeral off spinner and worm down deep.
Did hear of some better catches. The launch at Burwell was very busy.
DSCN0660.JPG

nice catch , wacked the smallies in the inner bay on sun. leaches still the ticket.

Blastr

Thanks for the update Blastr,sounds like the Bass Fishing has not slowed down,since I had fished there last Thursday(June 30/11),with my daughter & her Boyfriend.But after this week,I will likely switch my Bass Rods over to the Downrigging Rods.The action off Port Burwell/Bruce/Stanley has been Heating Up for some time now.Thank-You also G.Mech & Phantom for the update,and the varieties of ways to Catch the Walleyes & Rainbows.Much Appreciated.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks