Burwell ,farewell?

Outcast

This is my first season of fishing on lake Erie and Long point Bay area. All I can say is that I am more then impressed with the quality and variety of fishing that I have been able to do "in my back yard" so to speak. I have been raised around the "sport" since a kid and have had many years of experience with my father and brother both owning and operating fishing lodges north of Sudbury . We fished this area mainly for walleye and pike. I can say that all the experience I have gathered from those years have done little to help with my new found fishing ground here on Erie. This site has helped me in many ways and has been a very valuable starting point to fishing the Burwell and Inner Bay areas. Thanks to all that post here. Saying that...I am surprised at how fast the season seems to end here as we had very impressive catches less then 2 weeks ago and now it seems that the fish are very scattered. Is this generally the end of the season for pics and bows or do we have usually have a few more weeks. Do they go deeper or come in closer to shore as the season comes to an end. thx Tyee one on

First off, Welcome to one of the best forums on the net. The fishing has been excellent this year and has from what I've heard gone longer than usual. The Bows usually start staging up and follow what salmon are remaining up rivers and tribs. The Walleye generally head west once water temps cool off. They winter over in the western basin and get ready to spawn in the Detroit river, some go up the Thames and others head to Ohio rivers and a couple in Michigan.

All this is to the best of my knowledge.

Rob

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks