Burwell-Evening-Aug 26

jumbos

Needed to get on the water and get a bit of R&R, so took a last minute fish friday evening. Hit the ramp at 4:00pm and went SW to 60fow. First rod in the water at 4:30. Beautiful evening to be on the water, just a little tiny chop, and best of all no flies. Had a double to start, both bows, the one was a real beauty. Hooked well and a full lineup of jumps, spins and dives. Definitely one of the longest bows I have caught at Burwell in a few years. She went 34" and pushed the scale to 10.5 lbs. Then four eye's were added to the cooler, three heavy girls at 7.5 lbs and one 5 lb eye. Allthough there were only six fish in the cooler, the size of them made for a heavy and very full cooler. Pull rods at 8:00pm and just hit the channel as it was dark. Kinda tricky looking for those bouy's coming into the channel at night, thank god for GPS's. The widow maker took everything, except the big bow off the rigger and one eye on the rigger. Dipsey's were quiet all night and I only had one 10 colour on the boat. Lost three eyes on a 5 colour that I added a 2oz drop sinker to and also reeled in 4 farm animals on the widow maker. Also pull a perch around for a while on one of the riggers[|)]
010-1.jpg

Brian (Legend Man)

Good for you Brian. It's been quite the year at Burwell and Bruce. Considering it started in mid June, I can't remember a better season ever.

Not bad night for just few hours of fishing Brian:)
Speaking of farm animals....seems like no one can brake our world record with Arnie from last year....55 of them in a day of fishing...that was some farm house let me tell you ha ha ha:D
Should have won a gold medal for cleaning the lake from them that day8D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Nice Catch jumbos,and an ideal way to catch up on some R&R.(WOW-that is quite a Big Bow also that you caught-Congrats);).Yesterday looked like a Beautiful day on the water for wind conditions(Light Winds),and by the other Reports that I have read,most of the Anglers had some success;).I ended up going to the Zurich Bean Festival for the Day with my wife,and we had a good time--Great Weather & Friendly Folks.A Fresh fish from the Lake would of been ideal with those Beans.;)Due to High Winds Today for Lake Erie,I cancelled my trip with a buddy of mine.I am Hoping for friendlier Seas through the Week.Take Care & Keep On Catching.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks