Burwell bust

erie feeln

Fished this morning from 7 till 100 1 shit head lol the fog was so bad i was scared today couldnt see a thing kreepy lock jaw for us today washed lots of lures and ripplins maybe next time geeze

Sounds like a tough day. No doubt better days are coming. I hate fishing in heavy fog and stay home now when it is foggy👍
Another reason why I stayed home this morning & I cut my grass instead @gibby123 because of the thick fog that was being forecasted for part of today. Here’s hoping for better fog less day’s ahead!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

if you never fished in the fog im tell u today was erie at its best :cautious:
It would of been for sure @erie feeln I been there and done that,and no thanks to the fog!! Glad that you made it back safe,and the fish will only be bigger on your next,(fog less),day out on Lake Erie. Tight lines and walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

you have my sympathy -fishing Burwell in the fog can be dicey to say the least---so now the tugs are dropping their nets directly in front--I will never completely understand that--lots of lake to lay their nets makes it tough for the sport fishermen--hope they have proper markers on their nets so the cannonball and dipsy losses will be kept to a minimum

I fished in some pretty thick fog out of port Bruce years ago
Hate it when you anchored perch fishing and you hear a boat moving are a decent speed out in the fog
Like what are you doing??? Stop! 🤔

thanks red and konrad67 i diddnt see the marker until i was on top of it a white bouy with a stick on it im telling u it should be fluoresent colours so we can see them
If you only saw a single Bouy. Likely perch nets. They are right on the bottom and are only 3 or 4 ft high

if you see bouy with a line of javex jugs or something similar Those are to be of concern. Those nets are suspended mid water Column for walleye. Keep your distance and run parallel with the jugs.

Last edited:
by the way tug dropped a net at least 15 miles long out front of burwell
I've heard of long nets but never 15 miles!? Just remember without the commercial fishery Port Burwell Harbour would likely be so silted in with zero access for all of us longliners.

just go straight out count all the white boyes and mark it forgot its a net and my length might be wrong lol

us 6 fish them tonnes what makes sence am i wrong fishermen and woman your lucky on the best day to get 6 why wouldnt i complain markets are over priced and over stocked when time to throw out hmmm zooo or garbage

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks