Burwell Aug 27th-Limit

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Icemaker and myself headed out to 58 FOW SW of Port Burwell and dropped lines.Set the riggers down 42 feet with 150 foot leads,K/O punch Pink Panties one side,K/O punch Crater Face.Dipsy's back 160 and 165 with Blue silver NK 28 and K/O punch watermelon.I changed the hooks on the on the K/O lures we were using today to a Single Siwash because after last weekend the fish destroyed the trebles on those lures.Good call because the fish we landed were hooked very well with very few misses.We took our share of clearing the lake of sheepies,had a few agressive silver bass and boxed 12 walleye and one rainbow.Took awhile to get that last fish as all of a sudden they got lockjaw.Icemaker said the screen was black from 40 feet down to the bottom so I sent the riggers down to 55 feet and one dipsy out 200 feet.We boxed number 12 and had to release numbers 13 and 14.Those last 3 fish came from the deep riggers and dipsy.It was a perfect day out there.
100_0156.jpg

Action shot of Icemaker letting me know another rod fired and put the camera down..lol
100_0157.jpg

The results of listening
100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

Final tally ( one jumped out of the picture as I was snapping it slid down the boat)
100_0163.jpg

Photo of one released Walleye
100_0165.jpg

Kirk

my my my Kirk way to go!

I just knew it was going to be a great day for fishing as I was locked a way

A virtual shut in today at work! LOL

Well thems the breaks!

Tomorrow is not lookin good to go out!

heres hoping for next weekend.......

I was just posted these remarks replying to Jumbo's post. I don't ever remember a better season at Burwell. There were some dandies back in the late eighties and early nineties but this all started in mid June this year.

Very nice shots and great day yoy;ve had Kirk.
Sure season started very early and no signs of shuting down ...yet....who knows maybe one more trip to Burwell next week if I manage to finish some boat maintenance early enough!?![8)]

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

You missed a great day out there Rick.
quote:
Originally posted by kmaub

my my my Kirk way to go!

I just knew it was going to be a great day for fishing as I was locked a way

A virtual shut in today at work! LOL

Well thems the breaks!

Tomorrow is not lookin good to go out!

heres hoping for next weekend.......

Kirk

Yes Stomp, it was a big bow and it will taste great when it comes off the smoker:)
quote:
Originally posted by stomp

Huge 'bow Kirk and nice count of 'eyes... thx for the report!

Kirk

I have to agree Arnie,this has been an exceptional year for both Rainbows and Walleye.I remember the late eighties and early nineties.Icemaker and myself were launching my 14 footer off of Hastings in Long point and heading out and having great success with the Walleye.
quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

I was just posted these remarks replying to Jumbo's post. I don't ever remember a better season at Burwell. There were some dandies back in the late eighties and early nineties but this all started in mid June this year.

Kirk

Hey Ice,Hard to believe it is the last weekend of August,lets hope it doesn't shut down as fast as it started.I would say get that maintenance done and get out there...lol

quote:
Originally posted by icefisherman

Very nice shots and great day yoy;ve had Kirk.
Sure season started very early and no signs of shuting down ...yet....who knows maybe one more trip to Burwell next week if I manage to finish some boat maintenance early enough!?![8)]

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Kirk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks