Burwel mon aft

Went straight south out of Burwell to 59 fow and caught 5 eye's all on dipsys 3 setting out 160 feet. All came on knock out punch size bummble bee copper. 4 of them were 5-6 lbs each and 1 the size of a jumbo perch, smallest I've ever caught trolling. He was bleeding so I kept him. No bows but something snapped off my purple pete, dipsey & all. Guess that's what I get for not running snubers? Do any of you guys run snubbers with your dipseys?

Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!

Yup, always run snubbers, the bows will wreak havoc on your spread, there just isn't any give to it without them.

quote:
Originally posted by B-N

Yup, always run snubbers, the bows will wreak havoc on your spread, there just isn't any give to it without them.

Ditto. Especially with braid!

Nice haul on pics. Although you didn't want to keep the small guy, it is nice to see that there is a signifigant range in year class of the fish. Without the little guys there will never be the big ones.

Fisher-Price

Very interresting thread ,to run snubbers or not to run snubbers? I have thought about running them but I don't I run braid and mono leaders and haven't had a problem but not saying it might give a problem, just figure that if its not broke don't fix it . Good topic to debate..........................apps

What size Dipsys were you using? 160 feet is getting down there if you are using a #1. I use braid with flouro leaders and snubbers, even on my TripZs.

I believe he meant it was o 160 behind the boat... I don't believe lake erie gets that deep... but then again I could be wrong.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks