Brownies

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
When I had to use the subject “Off Topic” to contribute to a Forum, I got the impression that food content belonged somewhere else other than the Fishing Reports. That impression got strengthened with some feedback from a certain someone I live with. Hence the beginning of “From the Galley”…. a place where those who love food – whether it’s preparing it, sharing it, or just plain eating it - can hang out sometimes when not fishing!

I do love all things food and especially learning about, and trying new food ideas and learning from others who share a food passion.

Today I’m making brownies with a secret ingredient 😊

Any guesses?

When I had to use the subject “Off Topic” to contribute to a Forum, I got the impression that food content belonged somewhere else other than the Fishing Reports. That impression got strengthened with some feedback from a certain someone I live with. Hence the beginning of “From the Galley”…. a place where those who love food – whether it’s preparing it, sharing it, or just plain eating it - can hang out sometimes when not fishing!

I do love all things food and especially learning about, and trying new food ideas and learning from others who share a food passion.

Today I’m making brownies with a secret ingredient 😊

Any guesses?

Probably something I'm not allowed to ingest due to my safety sensitive occupation? :unsure::giggle:;)😁

What did I win? 😁🤣

My second guess is cayenne pepper.

I had not heard of cayenne peppers in brownies, but I've learned it's a thing! Good for Mexican night!

I had to google black cocoa.. don't have any and I'll have to check it out... @stomp is a big fan of dark chocolate so sounds like a winner.

@Mrs. Stomp I had never heard of black cocoa either
Someone I work with brought in double chocolate cookies made with black cocoa.
They were the darkest cookies I have ever seen
Apparently it is used in the production of Oreos

Avocado... that was the secret special ingredient. Had to try out the recipe - my gift to you is to not share it! I'll stick to avocado in guacamole.

1613520277384.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks