Bronte Madness

Hey spawnedout, do you fish from the shore or from a boat? Are the salmon bright and silver? (They were bass-coloured in the Bronte even though they were just two miles from the lake.)

Okay....... Went to Bronte today with a friend, first time there...... Never going back! Disgusting everywhere! Dead decaying fish with maggots everywhere every 10'. In all my years of fishing! I have never seen this or even knew.... The garbage was unbelievable! I really didn't think it was that bad till I seen it with my own eyes..... And people were keeping them.... No thanks. I think the ministry needs to go down there and take care of these slobs! How does this get turned around or does it just stay this way until it's destroyed?.....

AHHH The Fishin Life!

@ lookin4fish I couldnt agree more about how shocking the Bronte river experiance is. I'm not against people fishing there but my god have some respect for the river people!! I think at best it should be catch and release only! The town of Oakville should be ashamed of the condition of such a wonderful river![:(!]

If you pick the right time and place Bronte can be a real sweety to fish. No crowds and no "boots" :)

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

hi i can understand being upset about the garbage but dead fish. seriosly they are salmon they go upstream spawn out and die hence dead fish along the river. If they were cleaned up then some animals that depend on this as food would go hungry. Dead fish is part of the life cycle

quote:
Originally posted by mrbrown

hi i can understand being upset about the garbage but dead fish. seriosly they are salmon they go upstream spawn out and die hence dead fish along the river. If they were cleaned up then some animals that depend on this as food would go hungry. Dead fish is part of the life cycle

Unfortunately many of the fish are left on the banks by "guys with fishing poles" who see that they are males and don't care or worse yet, females slit for roe and left to rot. Others are dragged around and left in the parking lot to become a stinking mass for maggots to feed on. Dead fish is part of the cycle but it is uncommon to find a naturally age rotted salmon that has completed it's job and died of natural causes below the 407. That's why the sanctuary system is used on alot of Lake O tribs. The strong and fast survive to make it through the gauntlet of anglers, snaggers, netters and spear pushers to do what nature intended and die of old age.

A note to anyone thinking of going up, hope you have a strong stomach or bad head cold if you go. I was there last night and can still smell the rot of Petro Park.

Stick

DSC00152.jpg
"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Oh ya. The 2 hens we kept for roe made 2 bunkhouses full of our Jamaican friends very happy.....and yes they were in very edible condition.

I hate the taste of Salmon. I eat some smoked Rainbow that I catch and my neighbour smokes. Tastes like ham when he's done. I like picks and perch and the odd small stream brown or speck. Never been a big fish eater but scallops and shrimp, mmmmmmmmm!

I think that alot of press goes into testing wild fish, etc, but the thing that bothers me is that we never see any reports on testing of pigs, chickens, or cows that live their whole lives in their own feces in pens and don't even get to roam around a field anymore. Just my 2 cents!

Stick

DSC00152.jpg
"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

quote:
Originally posted by tim_pinnell

Stick
Does this old timer get some of that fresh roe, a small jar even:)) Buddy ole pal.

You've got my number buddy. We can set something up.

or Angling outfitters has hatchery roe again and it works just fine never had much dif between types of roe other than brown roe it seems to have a dif smell and works great but I won't take a fish for eggs anymore unless there's no where else to find it or the fish won't make it as for Bronte uggghhhhh not for years it's tramatizing.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

that is a great store. its like a kid going into a candy store and they are always very friendly and they got what you need

BLAH BLAH BLAH enough is enough we all did it and were all going to continue to do it or buy the new stuff on the market .where does it end?i will tell you all open your eyes saugeen died ontario will die,erie will die, whos going to help ontario?the steelheadders did a woundrful job brining the fish back.ontario and erie are going to rely on the red white and blue and that hurts.its true oooooo its true.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks