Brisket Day ...

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
On Friday morning, @Mrs. Stomp searched through the 1/2 dozen briskets that were on display @ the north Londontown Loblaws and picked the most "even" one she could find.

20210820_102207.jpg

She cleaned it up and applied a homemade rub yesterday. The meat hit the Weber grill at 5:05 this morning. Took one peek about 10:00... So far, so good...

I thought the ends were good but the flat, well, I cooked it a bit too long... maybe I'll wrap it too next time

I thought the ends were good but the flat, well, I cooked it a bit too long... maybe I'll wrap it too next time

I know @Mrs. Stomp has healthy eating high on her list, but if you can get her to bend a little bit, that brisket in a nice beef gravy will make great sandwiches etc.

Could even help breaking down the tissues a little

Looks like you got a good bark on this one.

I know @Mrs. Stomp has healthy eating high on her list, but if you can get her to bend a little bit, that brisket in a nice beef gravy will make great sandwiches etc.

Could even help breaking down the tissues a little

Looks like you got a good bark on this one.
@hvyhaul The brisket was not quite as good as the last one, but @stomp is being hard on himself... it still was a tasty piece of meat. I've been doing sandwiches with either BBQ sauce or with onion/pickle/horseradish/melted cheese but haven't done gravy (and will!).

Yeah @stomp seems like all briskateers, never truly happy with the results.

Daughter's boyfriend had similar results on his Treager brisket Sunday.

Nobody cared but him.

If it gets eaten, it is a success. :giggle:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks