Bring a friend.

I’m planning on going out tomorrow but both my dad and brother are busy. Are you aloud to go with a friend with all this covid19 19 rules?

There are guidelines from the government that suggest not. However it is not against any law. Since it is next to impossible to maintain any reasonable distance on a boat changing fishing partners frequently is probably not a good idea. Like in most cases in life common sense needs to apply. We all need to make good risk assessments throughout this pandemic.

Good luck and tight lines. Rick

I Think there’s no restriction on having someone Else in your vehicle with you from a Different household I can’t see a boat being any different

I was down to Burwell Thursday, launched a pristine boat mid morning and watched it get turded on by thousands of midges.

My next-door neighbour was my guest and co-fisherman like he has always been since purchasing the boat.

I think both of us recognize and respect the risks and preventitive measures needed.

Went home with one, boat performed as hoped.

It was still floating when we headed for home. :unsure:?

Last week I was fishing Bay of Quinte. We got stopped on the water for a check of our safety gear. We asked the OPP about having different addresses on the boat & we were told that they as long as were using common sense everything is ok.
We were on a 16ft aluminium. One person driving/ other in frt & they didn't even blink an eye over it.
They just told us they don't want to see packed boats with people from different addresses.
That was my experience in Quinte last week.

Common sense!

I was stopped by OPP last Saturday on Conestoga lake, 3 guys in the boat, they checked for safety gear, and license, we never asked but they didnt seam concerned.

I think it's up to your personal comfort level

Right now myunderstanding ....the law is groups of 5 of less.... when unable to maintain social distancing its recommended to where a mask

Some areas have municipal bylaw states must maintain social distancing in public unless from same household.
My understanding once you step into the boat it is no longer there jurisdiction.

I have made several trips with friends who practice same preventive measures as I do, and I drive separately.... and meet them at launch

Little harder to find parking ....and extra gas money ...but gets me out fishing

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks