Fishing Report Brief Burwell Brief

hvyhaul

Did ok on the day.

Neighbour picked up a Wally about 09:00, a Silver Bass a little later and then 3 hours of character building.

Had a feathered visitor for a few hours, spent most of its time on the Bimini.

Lost 2 bows, one a big one before I got the rod in my hands and could start cranking.

Wandering back towards Burwell the starboard dipsy 3 turned on and put a string in the net.

All fish on outside dipsy 3 rods, hot rod, starboard dipsy on three, 50 back, that is correct, 50 back.

Four Walleye, two bows and a Silver. Everything to the boat made it in the net and cooler. 🌻

first.jpgguest.jpgbox (1).jpg

Last edited:
I think your feathered friend gave you a ton of good luck hvyhaul! Great photos and thanks for sharing.

I think that's the third bird tenant the boat has had on the water @walleyeman in the past two years. Had butterflies too.

Funny watching the changing conditions and Windliar get further and further apart. LOL

Started with 6 inch ripples, ended with 3 1/2 ftrs and when we drove by the Woodstock flag heading home, it was hanging limp on the pole. 😜. 🌻

Good day out @hvyhaul as fishing has been unusually slow this year so far. We also got fish high including 4 bows all on Dipsy only 50 ft. back using spoons at Glasgow. :)

Good day out @hvyhaul as fishing has been unusually slow this year so far. We also got fish high including 4 bows all on Dipsy only 50 ft. back using spoons at Glasgow. :)

Yup, spoons did it for us too @Wave Runner , RRF was a bust, worm harness bust, body bait bust.

DW Greasy Chicken SS was the standout, 50 ft back all bows (+2 lost) and majority of the walleye.

After the two losses I checked the hook on my thumbnail and it wasn't the issue.

Nice day on the water, probably it for the week. 🌻

Yup, spoons did it for us too @Wave Runner , RRF was a bust, worm harness bust, body bait bust.

DW Greasy Chicken SS was the standout, 50 ft back all bows (+2 lost) and majority of the walleye.

After the two losses I checked the hook on my thumbnail and it wasn't the issue.

Nice day on the water, probably it for the week. 🌻
Everybody I talked to at Glasgow were having a problems keeping the walleye on. The ones we lost I could visually see they were barely hooked in the soft lip portion only on the 1 hook of the treble and one good shake of the head pulled the hook through the lip and gone.
None of the walleye were gulfing it down like they do when hungry. 🤷‍♂️

Two of our walleye were super light hits and if the neighbour and I weren't watching so closely we never would have seen them.

Actually took the rods in hand and gently toyed with the lines until we felt the fish. Popped the dipsy and in.

Rainbows, never a doubt, the crazy bastidges. 🤪

One walleye was pretty torn up, likely some else's escapee. LOL. 🌻

Looks like a beauty day to me @hvyhaul

Those 3.5 footers aren't my style! Glad you persevered. You should have put your feathered friend in the box - good eats there!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks