bows on harnesses??

kevin

Question for you guys down on the Central part of the lake. Out off Burwell, Bruce, etc.. do you guys ever hit bows when running a slow troll with harnesses only?

I'm thinking of trying our Eastern waters with a spead that would target bows, running spoons and bumping the speed up. I never hear of bows being caught down this way even though we're in 70+ FOW. I"m thinking it may be because everyone trolls below 1.5 and runs harnesses.

If you guys do smack them occasionally on harnesses running slow, then I guess we just don't have bows hanging down around here in the summer months.

Kevin: I have caught many bows while trolling harnesses out of Burwell. Last week in fact 2 bows were caught on an orange worm harness while we were trolling at 2 mph on the gps. Not sure what our speed was down below at the ball. On a solo outing I caught all the bows on a silver harness. The bows were caught around the 32 ft mark.

Good Luck.

When fish bite it's bobber down.

Yes i in also caught one 12 ibs on a harness and worm at port colbone.nice fish smashed it to

dave chalmers

When did you hit the fish off port colborne, and how deep of water were you in? I fish out there all season and never seem to see any bows, but I'm always suprised we don't catch any. I'd like to try actually targeting them out there off Port.

Were you near the weather marker?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks