Bowhunting for deer

Wow that's a great story. That's some wicked action!

While on the topic of blinds, does anyone hunt out of a tree sling here?

Do you mean saddle hunting? I've never tried it but I'd love to. I like my stands to be 25' up so I use a rock climbing harness and quality ropes when hanging them. It gets the job done but not comfortable enough for a long sit.

@anonymoose ya I've been reading saddlehunter.com for a bit now and I've gone through a couple of John Eberhart's books... it just seems like the perfect setup for next year. They have some DIY setups that are well laid out and you can save a lot if money going that way... but I think if I'm gonna be hanging 30 ft in the air I might as well suck it up, pay duty, and get the real thing

Hot Pickle if you get stuck 30 ft in the air do you really want the fire department come and rescue you :)

@HotPickle sounds like a big investment for someone who hasn't sat in a tree stand yet! Just my two cents, but I'd have a go at the traditional way before jumping head first into saddle hunting. You know where to find me if you want to check out some of my setups and see what you think.

Cheers!

Get yourself a summit viper climbing stand and good harness. You can pack it in and out with ease move in minutes as I did to take my buck this year after seeing him come out of the corn twice. It’s like sitting in a recliner at what ever height you are comfortable at. Even got the wife using one. She even came out and helped track him! I’ve been using mine for 6-7 years now and love it!

Attachments

• 65684EDF-677B-4E5E-96C4-FB55007061EC.jpeg
    65684EDF-677B-4E5E-96C4-FB55007061EC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • 513E8571-1A8E-4E3A-A06E-E6102C90FB0F.jpeg
    513E8571-1A8E-4E3A-A06E-E6102C90FB0F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks