Boating hazard out of Port Bruce

solbok

Took the boat out for the first time this year...just wanted to shake the winter out...didnt wet a line, but noticed quite a hazard about a quarter mile South East of the pier. There is a tree stump sticking out of the water (about 2 feet high), it doesn't seem to be floating, seems stuck in the bottom, but it's in about 26-28 feet of water. Must be huge to be stuck at that depth.
Keep an eye out...still.lots of dead heads floating around out there as well.

Took the boat out for the first time this year...just wanted to shake the winter out...didnt wet a line, but noticed quite a hazard about a quarter mile South East of the pier. There is a tree stump sticking out of the water (about 2 feet high), it doesn't seem to be floating, seems stuck in the bottom, but it's in about 26-28 feet of water. Must be huge to be stuck at that depth.
Keep an eye out...still.lots of dead heads floating around out there as well.

We've been wondering on the pier what that was out there.

Safety Notice was issued and is on their broadcast this morning on VHF Channel 21B

LAKE ERIE
C898/18 - LAKE ERIE - Chart 2121 - Issued on 2018-05-21
PORT BRUCE - FIXED DEADHEAD WITH APPROXIMATELY 60 CENTIMETRES VISIBLE ABOVE THE SURFACE REPORTED APPROXIMATELY 400 METRES SOUTHEAST OF PORT BRUCE.

You're very welcome. And thanks for reporting it, no paperwork no action, that's how it works.

I was just looking at a facebook group that I belong to, and this picture was taken and posted this morning...wonder if they removed it or just cut it so it's no longer a hazard?

1526925229295.png

I find that quiet strange. If it was anchored in the ground, it must have been there forever but have never seen it before. I’m assuming it’s just debris from the early storms this year.

I find that quiet strange. If it was anchored in the ground, it must have been there forever but have never seen it before. I’m assuming it’s just debris from the early storms this year.

I've been down to the pier once a week for the past 4 weeks, and it hasn't moved. We've been wondering what it is. I know it's big enough to see it from the pier, but not big enough to make make out what it was with binoculars. I don't know how long it's been there, but I do know it wasn't there last year in the fall. Guess I'll see next time I go down whether they removed it or not.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks