Boat Storage

I have heard of insurance policies that stipulate what date you can put it in the water, best check your paperwork ?
If you can launch a tinnie go for it ! Good Pike fishing in the channels and if you know where the holes are in the marsh there be Crappie to be had.
Test your equipment and go prepared because there is not a lot of help out there so early in the season.

@Old Cut LongPointer
I don’t see anything like that in my insurance documents but I sent them an email to verify that for me.
Thanks I never would of thought about that.

well I winterized mine last year before oct 1st
But I really hope I have the option to go until nov 1st

Depends where you live and want to fish for.

Lake O browns and Lakers as soon as ice out or launches open .

Most years lower Niagra open year round .

Last year I did a lower niagra guided trip mid Feb. And went witha buddy twice in March before Covid closed ramps.

I am debating taking kayak down Conestoga river this weekend, maybe target walleye.
Dought I can find anyone foolish enough to join me

@Old Cut LongPointer
My insurance just got back to me.
March 1st is the earliest I can put my boat in the water!!
hahaha looks like I better get her ready, only have 3 days! 😂
Jokes
Better bring the auger lol.

All I ever catch this early in the season is white bass. That being said, they're not bad to catch on light tackle and better than catching nothing. They suck on a 10' trolling rod.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks