Boat Registration Numbers

rewired

Is there any way to find the owner of a boat or any other information by using the #s on the side of the boat. If so how do I find out. Thanks in advance.

..At one point, I used to work for Customs...We registered smallcraft and the first two numbers followed by "E" designated the port where the boat was originally registered and follows the boat for its life...ie 7E was Chatham, Ontario, 75 E was Tilbury, Ontario..then later on, all Ontario registrations were registered with an"ON" number...then it moved to Service Canada and now I believe it is Transport Canada. I would have thought the registrations would have followed and would be filed with Transport now...how much information they can release to the Public might be a different matter...I know when I registered my boat with Service Canada in 2011, it retained the numbers..I think CPIC should be somehow linked to Transport records but it is restricted access to Police Agencies..

Is there any way to find the owner of a boat or any other information by using the #s on the side of the boat. If so how do I find out. Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking that with the privacy laws what they are today, we as every day citizens cannot get certain information ie what you're looking for. BUT, law enforcement agencies, ie CO's, MTO, Police etc probably could. IE I just entered my own license plates into a search engine and although many sites came up, none of them could tell me who they were registered too or what kind of vehicle they were on citing privacy laws.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks