Boat ramps thoughts??

To those whining, can't use my preferred ramp, can't use my boat, Mc D's and Tim's is open, why can't I??
Whiny little bitches, just stop, you just don't get how things have changed, sorry if you can't go for a 2 hr drive to fish and clear your head, really, just stay home if you can.
Two siblings in health care, one home sick still doing tella medicine, the other at local emerg waiting to be sick?
Sorry, but you winer's are the problem, just stay the F home
Is this a joke lol I went fishing today and didn’t see a single person

Port Glasgow Marina has used a credit card pay machine at their ramps for several years now. I understand people using the buttons to punch in the license plate number could have the virus on it from the guy before me. However this can be quickly resolved using a spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol with at least 70 percent alcohol – undiluted – will kill coronavirus on surfaces in about 30 seconds. Then put my card in and punch in the plate number sounds quite sensible to me. That's a heck of a lot safer than going to the drug store or grocery store which we all must do sooner or later coronavirus or not.
Yes or simply e tranfer funds . Business can make a profit ( much needed ) password is plate # or something. People are adapting. Hopefully they do to. We all understand to situation and what we living in . I have 2 kids under 10 but trying to regain some santity by wetting a line is not making it worse.

Port Glasgow Marina has used a credit card pay machine at their ramps for several years now. I understand people using the buttons to punch in the license plate number could have the virus on it from the guy before me. However this can be quickly resolved using a spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol with at least 70 percent alcohol – undiluted – will kill coronavirus on surfaces in about 30 seconds. Then put my card in and punch in the plate number sounds quite sensible to me. That's a heck of a lot safer than going to the drug store or grocery store which we all must do sooner or later coronavirus or not.

@jerk bait "what we are living in" could be what we are dying in???? 2 kids under 10... why be so arrogant not to accept what you are told. Why are billion $ business shutting down!!!! Who are you and your kids contacting when you leave home??? Are they safe? You get it, they get it!!!! And your kids love to hug your mother and father--it just gets worse

Interesting thoughts here. I took two of my sons fishing today. We are all from the same household, we took all of our food and drinks with us in a cooler. We stopped nowhere and we interacted with no one. We launched the boat and touched nothing but our own dock lines and never tied off. It was the least contact I’ve ever had with anyone. It provided the boys with a much needed outing, and helped clear my head. Added bonus of a few fish and some good laughs. Conversely I did see 3 grown men clearly not of the same family in a 16 foot boat at the opposite launch. They left the launch all in one vehicle a bit before us. We then saw them all unloading gear into a motel room at one of the local establishments, so their clearly not local and are visiting to fish. So I see both sides of this. I’ve given up fishing with my buddies to set an example to my kids, and instead am spending that time with them. It’s clear not everyone can manage that, which is concerning.

Whiny little bitches?? lol

If you go fishing alone and encounter or interact with nobody... How is that any different than being in your own backyard... Social distancing... Self isolating...

I'm sorry you have a family member who is ill...
The problem is that not EVERYBODY goes alone or with same household family members...so for that reason alone....it is just best for EVERYONE to stay the hell out of the public other than for necessities ! People do not realize the seriousness of this..and won't until someone in their own family dies from it.
Missing a few fishing outings for hopefully a few weeks will not be the end of anyone's world ! Good grief.

Interesting thoughts here. I took two of my sons fishing today. We are all from the same household, we took all of our food and drinks with us in a cooler. We stopped nowhere and we interacted with no one. We launched the boat and touched nothing but our own dock lines and never tied off. It was the least contact I’ve ever had with anyone. It provided the boys with a much needed outing, and helped clear my head. Added bonus of a few fish and some good laughs. Conversely I did see 3 grown men clearly not of the same family in a 16 foot boat at the opposite launch. They left the launch all in one vehicle a bit before us. We then saw them all unloading gear into a motel room at one of the local establishments, so their clearly not local and are visiting to fish. So I see both sides of this. I’ve given up fishing with my buddies to set an example to my kids, and instead am spending that time with them. It’s clear not everyone can manage that, which is concerning.
You are absolutely correct here. That is what I am saying. You can walk the dog still. Bike ride if you wish. We are all doing our part. I too have chosen not to fish with my buddies one of many changes we have did to do our part. I still have to work ..deemed essential. Out there on front lines . We have applied social distancing . We have limited exposure. We have taken extreme precautions. But we still need to go outside and this is one of the safest and smartest outside activities you can do. Billion $$ industry shit down because they cant make and take reasonable precautions to protect their employees so they shut the doors and that was correct but that's not the point here. Be smart about it , use common sense. And everyone will be just fine

The problem is that not EVERYBODY goes alone or with same household family members...so for that reason alone....it is just best for EVERYONE to stay the hell out of the public other than for necessities ! People do not realize the seriousness of this..and won't until someone in their own family dies from it.
Missing a few fishing outings for hopefully a few weeks will not be the end of anyone's world ! Good grief.
You are incorrect. While you may be right about not everyone doing that...not everyone needs to get gas or food or supplies. Not everyone needs to walk the dog or bbq in the backyard. Alot of still have to work....we all do our part and if we do and take precautions we can slow it.. but to to say everyone should stay home and locked inside is ridiculous. Nobody of any governing body has said that in Canada. We cant stop the ignorance of a few just like we cant stop them from going to beer store etc..taking the boat out by yourself or with a family member for an afternoon to escape should be on the top of the list of things you can do!!! I saw 2 kids riding their bikes in town yesterday....can you believe it ? Probably 2 brothers ... let's give em a fine..give the parents a fine .. how could they go outside?? We see countless motorcycles out for a ride on the nice days why ??? Csuse it's safe. Is it essential? No but they are not contributing to the problems. Same as out for a boat ride to fish. Use common sense. That's all anyone is asking.

I am still working everyday. But being responsible in the work place, every one of us in the plant know the rules, disinfect with the the provided disinfectant (Hospital Grade) and responsible for your distancing. The same thing has to happen at the grocery store. Why would we ban fishing and close ramps? Oh wait because we have IRRESPONSIBLE people who cannot follow the rules, want to be in everyones faces and lick cans on shelves and cough all over food products in stores. BE RESPONSIBLE,IF YOU FEEL ILL STAY HOME, KEEP YOUR DISTANCE, as Jammer said find alternatives for payment. Simple really

You are incorrect. While you may be right about not everyone doing that...not everyone needs to get gas or food or supplies. Not everyone needs to walk the dog or bbq in the backyard. Alot of still have to work....we all do our part and if we do and take precautions we can slow it.. but to to say everyone should stay home and locked inside is ridiculous. Nobody of any governing body has said that in Canada. We cant stop the ignorance of a few just like we cant stop them from going to beer store etc..taking the boat out by yourself or with a family member for an afternoon to escape should be on the top of the list of things you can do!!! I saw 2 kids riding their bikes in town yesterday....can you believe it ? Probably 2 brothers ... let's give em a fine..give the parents a fine .. how could they go outside?? We see countless motorcycles out for a ride on the nice days why ??? Csuse it's safe. Is it essential? No but they are not contributing to the problems. Same as out for a boat ride to fish. Use common sense. That's all anyone is asking.
Common sense would work if people indeed used common sense but many don't...that is why we now have people entering our country being forced to quarantine with heavy fines if they don't. 900 people died in Italy yesterday alone....anyone getting together with people out of their household to go fishing..driving together in a vehicle...is insane at this point. Talk to any front line health care workers about it.
You cannot social distance yourself in a vehicle or boat hence my suggesting that is not a good idea with people outside of your own household.

Common sense would work if people indeed used common sense but many don't...that is why we now have people entering our country being forced to quarantine with heavy fines if they don't. 900 people died in Italy yesterday alone....anyone getting together with people out of their household to go fishing..driving together in a vehicle...is insane at this point. Talk to any front line health care workers about it.
You cannot social distance yourself in a vehicle or boat hence my suggesting that is not a good idea with people outside of your own household.
Unfortunately the people entering Canada are still can travel including air travel to any destination dispite the ban
The main stream media do not talk about that

Some would say it isn't his fault he's terribly un-photogenic. I am not one of those people. I've been saying since before he was elected that every time I see a picture of him, the look on his face is almost always the same. "Am I hung over :unsure: :hungover:or am I still drunk :unsure:?????"
Not sure if you just think he looks hung over but I assure u this man has not had a drink since he was 18 been away with him many times milk is his drink of choice the guy works q8mhour days if not more

Suggesting a family who are using very good precautions cant isolate in/ on a boat is absurd. Please consider the unsanitary conditions on every construction site, every apartment building with hundreds of thousands of people in the citys and every train and bus that the bored citizens are riding for free now????
Not going to stop the virus. If you think so you are uninformed. The fact is they want a progressive spread so we can develop a “herd” immunity and not run out of ventilators as we do it.
Limit the abuse and common sense is all we need from our group.

Last edited:
Good afternoon all. Hope everyone well.
Have to ask, why is not fishing right now so hard to take? Just don't get it, well hundreds of thousand's of people are doing whats ask of them, you privileged few should still get out to do what you want? Couldn't you just join in a little bit?
So you can ramp today and keep it clean, can you? NO, you'll touch something, alone or with family. And then what if the next get's exposed. Somebody's kid, father, family, touches the dock were you did minutes before?
Think I'm extreme, your right, guilty. Gas pumps and Tim's lids??
Stop using all the stupid shit to justify your privilege to boat/fish. Go back threw the post here, "well they're still riding buses, liquor stores still open, crowded grocery stores, get's the kids out, ect. Just stop, what if your trip affects someone else?

To those whining, can't use my preferred ramp, can't use my boat, Mc D's and Tim's is open, why can't I??
Whiny little bitches, just stop, you just don't get how things have changed, sorry if you can't go for a 2 hr drive to fish and clear your head, really, just stay home if you can.
Two siblings in health care, one home sick still doing tella medicine, the other at local emerg waiting to be sick?
Sorry, but you winer's are the problem, just stay the F home
I can certainly understand the stress having family sick but question the name calling. No need for it and a bit childish. Perhaps take a little time thinking about what u assume. Anyway best wishes and a speedy recovery for your family members

I need to source some fresh meat for this week. I have plenty of other supplies at home. And right now the safest and conveniently enjoyable place to get some protein it is by harvesting it myself. I feel much safer using the outdoors right now than walking into a grocery store. I've. Managed to avoid them for 2 weeks so far :) Don't worry, I'll fish in the safest manner possible ;) We're all gonna die sooner or later. If your really worried then don't follow me down the boat ramp I guess.....

Josh

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks