Boat ramps thoughts??

I would say the privileged are the ones that left the country knowing that this was coming! 1 million ppls came back most of them should not have been allowed to leave in the first place. Their actions might’ve cost of the two additional weeks of hell ! I can’t fish because I’m going to spread the virus... ? lmfao. We could have stopped this 2 months ago if the powers that be wanted it be be stopped. We are gonna get COVID 19 and some will not make it. That is the reality. I don’t want to spread the virus but I haven’t been in a store in two weeks because I was prepared .
Surely if I can go through Timmys I can launch my friggin boat, I never wasted my time in the drive-through line before so I won’t now.
Believe what you got a believe to get through this!
I wonder what it feels like To live in a high-rise building right now one door and one door out

As a side note, I was having a conversation with a fellow fishing friend who happens to be a doctor yesterday and he's all for using the vast open spaces we have available to us right now. He was very adamant that mental health along with the obvious physical health risks should be priority in a time of crisis like this with so many people losing wages and being stressed about many things. He was very upset thinking that people believe they need to stay locked down inside at all costs.

Josh

As a side note, I was having a conversation with a fellow fishing friend who happens to be a doctor yesterday and he's all for using the vast open spaces we have available to us right now. He was very adamant that mental health along with the obvious physical health risks should be priority in a time of crisis like this with so many people losing wages and being stressed about many things. He was very upset thinking that people believe they need to stay locked down inside at all costs.

Josh
To add to that Josh just seen it recently the WHO stating they should of called it personal distancing not social distancing as people need social interaction witch helps with mental health , you can still talk to your neighbors across the fence or driveway vs locked inside

Exactly use your brains to think and you’ll overcome obstacles if you use your brain to absorb useless information good luck with that if you’re smart enough to read between the lines just keep doing what you’re doing

Can anyone tell me if Colchester ramp is open?? Just hate to make the 2 hr. drive only to find it is still closed.

Despite what I heard before my trip Friday morning the ramp was still open. Take some jigging gear for the Detroit if for some reason they do close it....

Josh

Not sure if you just think he looks hung over but I assure u this man has not had a drink since he was 18 been away with him many times milk is his drink of choice the guy works q8mhour days if not more
Certain people just aren't very photogenic (I fall into that category as well, and hate having my picture taken) and in every picture I see of him, what I said, is to me, how he looks. I didn't say he was, I said it's how he looks.

I was planning on heading to Colchester this morning and read it was chained off. Could have been fake news TBH but I tried calling the harbour without success and the 2hr drive to find myself SOL wasn't worth the gamble. Shoulda readied the boat for alternative fishing as well in hindsight but had everything ready to go for a troll....
#fakenews why didn't do a post and ask?

#fakenews why didn't do a post and ask?

Read that it was off limits at 4am Friday morning and was ready to leave after work at 6:30am. Tried calling the harbour with no answer....guess someone just wanted more space out there :p Can't say I've never tossed out a BS post to throw people off my trail lol

Seriously who do you think you are jumping on people for fishing in a fishing forum. Don't tell me how to spend my time without contacting people. Fishing, especially by yourself, is absolutely safe and responsible. Maybe worry more about yourself and family than others. In fact if things are so dire in your family situation what are you doing checking posts in here. Are you trolling people? Btw your the one that sounds like a "whiny bitch".

So many questions ,and so many answers from the truth to just guessing . Sugest everyone read what quarantine is in place and for whom. So far we are able to still go fishing ,or hunting when the seasons are open ,no restrictions other than being in a group of more that 5 and stay a minimum of 6 feet apart. The restriction for the most part is for those who either have , or come in contact with anyone who has the Virus ,and those who are coming back to Canada or have come back must isolate for the 14 days , that is the law as it stands . Panic is more dangerous than the pandemic .Lets all get a grip and use our god given brain with common sense and we will do just fine . If you are sick no matter what you have for crying out loud stay home and away from other people simple as that !

Seriously who do you think you are jumping on people for fishing in a fishing forum. Don't tell me how to spend my time without contacting people. Fishing, especially by yourself, is absolutely safe and responsible. Maybe worry more about yourself and family than others. In fact if things are so dire in your family situation what are you doing checking posts in here. Are you trolling people? Btw your the one that sounds like a "whiny bitch".

Thank you .:

Read that it was off limits at 4am Friday morning and was ready to leave after work at 6:30am. Tried calling the harbour with no answer....guess someone just wanted more space out there :p Can't say I've never tossed out a BS post to throw people off my trail lol
The harbour "official" opening is always May 1, thats when they charge to launch, have staff, people to answer the phone, sell fuel, until then its free launch, the lake has been unfishable since last Friday afternoon.

Totally unnecessary translation from Russian the text on the image "Different % of success protecting you from coronavirus".

I go to Foran's Marine, pay over the phone, they take my license plate, I always carry sanitizer with me even for regular fishing days (cuts etc). I don't even shake my hands with my fishing peer, and wipe my hands once the boat is off. I also always have a black garbage bags (100 for like 6 bucks in Canadian tire), where I put all the used wipes/garbage etc. This is pretty good considering the circumstances versus going to the store with dozens and dozens of people lines up... Would rather go have 5 fishing trips in the next 2-3 weeks rather... So those who tell me to not do this, should expect an appropriate response. Happy Fishing everybody!

1585596105337.png

Unfortunately in my area there is a sick employee in one of the food stores that is confirmed with covid 19 I do shop there from time to time we check our banking records and we did not shop there at the time frame he/ she was working before took sick so you never know
Best wishes to the person and quick recovery
Point is we need groceries but we have to do the cleaning process before bring it in the home . I agree fishing with my wife does not put me at higher risk so we are going fishing till the government closes all travel if that happens than we will stop
If one of us gets it the other will get it as well we are living together after all
No personal contact now for the last 3 weeks and that's includes our 25 year old son witch I know is hard on my wife , getting out is a good mental health boost as well physical
Good luck fishing to all and stay safe

This is a different story. If you know someone who has been exposed and you contacted him, it is a very responsible thing to do to self-quarantine etc. So kudos on that. For all that suffering, I might get you a few extra Shorhorns when your self-quarantine is over :)

Totally unnecessary translation from Russian the text on the image "Different % of success protecting you from coronavirus".

I go to Foran's Marine, pay over the phone, they take my license plate, I always carry sanitizer with me even for regular fishing days (cuts etc). I don't even shake my hands with my fishing peer, and wipe my hands once the boat is off. I also always have a black garbage bags (100 for like 6 bucks in Canadian tire), where I put all the used wipes/garbage etc. This is pretty good considering the circumstances versus going to the store with dozens and dozens of people lines up... Would rather go have 5 fishing trips in the next 2-3 weeks rather... So those who tell me to not do this, should expect an appropriate response. Happy Fishing everybody!

View attachment 21815
Well said and I agree 100 percent . Just heard all trailer parks and camp sites in haldimond Norfolk are open with some restrictions. Cant see why boat ramps not be open. Use common sense and we all be good

Good afternoon all, hope you and yours are well.
So to all you whiny bitches so privileged, that well most of us are doing what is asked of us, stay home, your going to still go to public place's?? Way to go Bubba, you got the rub's and scrubs to stay clean, and the science, and of course, common sense, to still travel and go where you please?
Am I paranoid, you betcha, panicking, no where near? But if the Doctors and Nurses on the front line, the Police and Firemen are begging you to refrain, you sure your F-ing fishing trip can't be postponed?
And bitch me out, call it a release, doing what I can here, to much cable new's, you betcha, but if you reply, at least it was read? Ford today made it very clear, after seeing TO cidy-ots Sun aft noon when it got so warm out, crowding parks, trails, and waterways, next step is coming, and sorry to say, but probably only way to get folk's to stay home. We see that with the argument's here?
Were in April, fishing has just started, each day more folks will be going to your launch, instead of 2 boats in line, it will be 12, word come's out perch are biting, line up on the rd. will double, what about the local folk that live there, their kids, ramp owner's, their hired staff? Your hand sanitiser's still covering all them, privileged bitches??
There ya go, pick it apart, call me names, It'll only bounce off, but I will ask, Whiney bitches, please stay home if you can?
Again, best to you and your's, CM

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks