Boat ramps thoughts??

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I understand marina staff want to keep there workers safe... I understand not alot of people want to handle cash right now... What i don't understand is why they haven't gone to a e-transfer system... People pay that way and keep there distance... Thoughts??

This coming from Turkey Point and Port Dover are closed... Is Nanticoke open?

I hope it does not come to this here but I just heard from a friend who lives in Washington State which has been hit quite badly by this disease. The state has just banned all fishing until mid-April. They were observing a lot of social interaction at boat ramps, people tightly lined up along piers and river banks and boats leaving harbours with lots of people in them. So they just stopped fishing. I think the only way we can stop the same happening here is exercise common sense and stay well away from each other while enjoying the outdoors. +

Read about an hour ago that my ramp of choice for this morning is now closed :( FFS, all I wanted to do today was get away from people, get some vitamin D and clear my head having spent the week being 'essential' producing 3rd tier car parts for manufacturers that are shut down :rolleyes: I understand the need for restrictions but use some common sense! Guess I'll grab a Timmie's and Mcmuffin on my way to the grocery store and buy some overhandled aquaculture fish instead? lol and maybe stop by the 'essential' dollarama for some Chinese made $1 life or death bargain deals....thanks for stopping me from launching my boat and distancing myself both physically and mentally from this shit storm :cautious:

Josh

Last edited:
The look on Dougs face sure as hell looks like it.

Some would say it isn't his fault he's terribly un-photogenic. I am not one of those people. I've been saying since before he was elected that every time I see a picture of him, the look on his face is almost always the same. "Am I hung over :unsure: :hungover:or am I still drunk :unsure:?????"

@Josh Roelofsen what ramp is shut down ?

I was planning on heading to Colchester this morning and read it was chained off. Could have been fake news TBH but I tried calling the harbour without success and the 2hr drive to find myself SOL wasn't worth the gamble. Shoulda readied the boat for alternative fishing as well in hindsight but had everything ready to go for a troll....

@jammer I called Foran's, they said you just give them credit card and car license plate over the phone and that's it.

I'll likely be heading to Lake Ontario myself... Port Dalousie is open and free but only one dock...

The Quarantine Act has been put in place meaning all non essential travel is no longer permitted. A couple in BC and woman in Nfld have been fined ($500 each in BC and I think $2500 for the newfie?) for being out for social activities instead of essentials.

Google "Quarantine Act" to see what rules are now in place. You now risk fines and up to 48 hour detainment if caught out and about.

Do I like it? Heck no. But, with so many people ignoring the governments requests to stay home it was inevitable.

Staying at home is definitely the best idea. Even if we don't come close to each other on the lake or at the boat ramp, we are likely touching the same surfaces launching or pulling out.

However...

The Quarantine Act has been put in place meaning all non essential travel is no longer permitted.

The quarantine act specifically applies to people entering the country.

from https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-p...-quarantines-to-apply-to-returning-travellers

With the COVID-19 pandemic accelerating in the United States, the federal government lowered the boom Wednesday on renegade globetrotters, ordering any non-essential travellers who recently returned to Canada to self-quarantine for 14 days, regardless of whether they have symptoms.

Closing down the ramps is simply ridiculous. As Josh said above its knew way to escape people and this nightmare. Like come on...you can go get take out food but cant go fishing alone on the great lakes? If they want a full lock down ..then lock it down...you can simply e transfer or leave the funds

To those whining, can't use my preferred ramp, can't use my boat, Mc D's and Tim's is open, why can't I??
Whiny little bitches, just stop, you just don't get how things have changed, sorry if you can't go for a 2 hr drive to fish and clear your head, really, just stay home if you can.
Two siblings in health care, one home sick still doing tella medicine, the other at local emerg waiting to be sick?
Sorry, but you winer's are the problem, just stay the F home

The Quarantine Act has been put in place meaning all non essential travel is no longer permitted. A couple in BC and woman in Nfld have been fined ($500 each in BC and I think $2500 for the newfie?) for being out for social activities instead of essentials.

Google "Quarantine Act" to see what rules are now in place. You now risk fines and up to 48 hour detainment if caught out and about.

Do I like it? Heck no. But, with so many people ignoring the governments requests to stay home it was inevitable.

The Quarantine Act has been invoked specifically for people coming back to Canada from abroad. They are expressly forbidden to do anything on their return other than go straight home and stay there for 14 days. NO stopping for essentials such as groceries or anything else. They are to have someone else bring them groceries if they need them. Straight home and quarantine for 14 days. They were told that on their return and some weren't abiding by it, so the gov't as they threatened they could or would do, invoked the QA. IF anyone coming into the country returning from abroad doesn't abide by it now at the most extreme end of the scale they could be facing fines of $750,000 to $1 million or 3-6 years in jail or both fines and jail now.

To those whining, can't use my preferred ramp, can't use my boat, Mc D's and Tim's is open, why can't I??
Whiny little bitches, just stop, you just don't get how things have changed, sorry if you can't go for a 2 hr drive to fish and clear your head, really, just stay home if you can.
Two siblings in health care, one home sick still doing tella medicine, the other at local emerg waiting to be sick?
Sorry, but you winer's are the problem, just stay the F home

Whiny little bitches?? lol

If you go fishing alone and encounter or interact with nobody... How is that any different than being in your own backyard... Social distancing... Self isolating...

I'm sorry you have a family member who is ill...

Look, I'm not taking your fishing away, this shit is up to you? You can't go to any ramp right now without touching shit? Are we there? Beats me, get that your all pro at putting your boat in? But what about the next person?

Look, I'm not taking your fishing away, this shit is up to you? You can't go to any ramp right now without touching shit? Are we there? Beats me, get that your all pro at putting your boat in? But what about the next person?
Easy keep your distance. Be careful wear gloves. Be smart just like you would getting gas , going to the grocery store or bank. The boat ramp is much safer . So you can go by liquor but cant put your boat in the water . Simply ridiculous. It's a super safe retreat that should be encouraged not looked down on...

I understand marina staff want to keep there workers safe... I understand not alot of people want to handle cash right now... What i don't understand is why they haven't gone to a e-transfer system... People pay that way and keep there distance... Thoughts??

This coming from Turkey Point and Port Dover are closed... Is Nanticoke open?
Port Glasgow Marina has used a credit card pay machine at their ramps for several years now. I understand people using the buttons to punch in the license plate number could have the virus on it from the guy before me. However this can be quickly resolved using a spray bottle with Isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol with at least 70 percent alcohol – undiluted – will kill coronavirus on surfaces in about 30 seconds. Then put my card in and punch in the plate number sounds quite sensible to me. That's a heck of a lot safer than going to the drug store or grocery store which we all must do sooner or later coronavirus or not.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks