Off Topic BOAT LAUCH / MARINA GAS PRICES??

So this is quite intresting ... Petro can 94 octain supose to have no ethanal ... no diff that rez gas ..

Attachments

• 20200720_093159.jpg
    20200720_093159.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 32
So this is quite intresting ... Petro can 94 octain supose to have no ethanal ... no diff that rez gas ..

I am pretty sure all grades from Suncor (Petro-Canadas) are 10% Ethanol. 94 will certainly be an ethanol blend since they use the ethanol as an octane boost.

I did my own test with reserve gas. Both 87 and 91. Appear to still be ethanol free. That picture was just taken an hour after the gas was added though. I'll let the cocktail sit for a day or so and report again.
C0C44424-D22F-4A0D-B1CF-77A5283CEFF8.jpeg

I run exclusively Shell V Power supposed to be ethanol free. If you continue testing can you do this as well. Pretty fascinating results.

Thanks for putting in the time on this.

I did my own test with reserve gas. Both 87 and 91. Appear to still be ethanol free. That picture was just taken an hour after the gas was added though. I'll let the cocktail sit for a day or so and report again.
View attachment 25201

You don't have to wait doing these tests, the results are immediate. I have a couple of different tests that both work well, just haven't had time to record and post them so you'll have to take my word on it.

These testers from Aircraft Spruce in Brantford are quite simple and tell you the actual content in the fuel. You can order on line and they'll mail one out:

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catal...LqIVrlNTl7LMzdBmUSK92vLwQMwgm2GxoCcHEQAvD_BwE

The other simple test is to simply add food colouring to a small sample of fuel. If the food colouring sinks to the bottom in blobs, there is no ethanol. If there is ethanol, the water based food colouring attaches to it and turns the whole sample red (or whatever colour you chose). Sounds hokey but it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Im finding this quite intresting the rez gas was from bearpaw 87octane wich is OTE fuel blended on Indian Line ... Tanker driver i talked to said that they have underground holding tanks for there fuel and ethonal mixing is done on site location is on indian line ... i thought they had Nanticoke fuel ...Esso ....

View attachment 25201
What satation was that WILDFIRE ... my test was from Bearpaw ...87.... rez.. Petrocan new station in cainsville was 94 octain and both stations you can see they both has ethonal

OTE is delivering blended fuel to many of the gas stations on the reserve now and the 87 is definitely blended. Last I checked, the Esso 87 was still ethanol free at Little Buffalo and so was Southpaw's before they closed for Covid but I haven't checked in the last month and have been told it will soon have ethanol too.

The story I was told a couple of years ago by the fuel delivery company was that the Nanticoke refinery didn't add ethanol to prevent damage to their outgoing pipelines so it had to be added at the distribution terminals. As such, any fuel trucked directly from Nanticoke to the nearby retailers was ethanol free which seemed to be true based on my testing. Speaking to him last week, that is being (or has already) changed and now even the direct delivered regular has ethanol. I've been running ethanol free regular (Esso fuel) from the rez for years and testing it quite often but I guess that those days are now gone.....I will check a can tonight and see.

The gas I just tested was purchased on Friday, so I think it's still true for the time being.

So it shows CTC 91 is ethanol free .. so here is the result when i added the 1" of water to the base ...???

Attachments

• 20200720_153855.jpg
    20200720_153855.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 27
So it shows CTC 91 is ethanol free .. so here is the result when i added the 1" of water to the base ...???

The marker you use is so thick I don't know what the starting point was.

The marker you use is so thick I don't know what the starting point was.
I will try a small sharpie next time .. But went to the garage and checked the layering and the ethonal space hase reduced itself ... to a sliver .. sit time was about 18hrs ...

Attachments

• 20200721_092926.jpg
    20200721_092926.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200720_153855.jpg
    20200720_153855.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 10
Pretty sure that's ethanol free. If it were ethanol it would have risen like the petro94 did.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks