Off Topic Boat cleaners

Real world Slimy Grimy test.

Before slgr1.jpg
During slgr2.jpg
After slgr3.jpg

I know, it takes your breath away doesn't it?

This was a basic 1/3 under waterline side of boat test, mixed as instructed using HOT water. One third of a gallon was used, spraying area multiple times, using three different brushes trying to make headway through the $#@%.

I'll be redoing the boat with acid.

This was a basic 1/3 under waterline side of boat test, mixed as instructed using HOT water. One third of a gallon was used, spraying area multiple times, using three different brushes trying to make headway through the $#@%.

Interesting. I will be using acid. Just not with the boat on the trailer. Thanks @hvyhaul

I thought Slimy Grimy would of cleaned that up way better then it did! I am going to be doing my hull on my Striper this year, I have been taking it to North Erie Marina the last 3 years and having them bottom wash plus service the boat, I think they usually use acid and it always turned out looking good. I was thinking of trying the slimy grimy as I figured maybe it would be a little easier on the fiberglass then the acid.

My boat is fiberglass , Ivyhauls boat appears to be aluminum . That must make a difference , that stuff would disappear on my boat . I also use a product called easy on , maybe that is what’s helping . I put it on when boat is clean , just wipe it on , no buffing .

This is what I was hoping for and re-did the whole boat with acid to get.

dtybt.jpg
clbt1.jpg
clbt2.jpg

Nothing else I've worked with does it.

Last edited:
When we fished St Claire out at the sandbar by Walpole we used to always see the same guy with his boat anchored in the shallows and walking around it in knee high water with a scrub brush...... pay me now or pay me later. Just got mine back from Port Rowan, $360.00 for a 19 footer.... spotless now and a brand new looking 4 blade stainless.

You are talking two completely different worlds.
Cleaning an aluminum hull vs cleaning a glass hull. I have had nothing less than good results with Slimy Grimy on glass hulls. Blast off the heavy stuff. Mix as directed with hot water and apply. Rinse and repeat where needed.
I have never tried it on an aluminum hull.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks