Bluff Bar pike april 30

Jimmy Riggin

Got out to the Bluff's around 11am, with all the cold water and wind I asked my charter to come late so the sun would be high and warm. The water temp was 45 I did find a spot with 47 and that's where the fish were. We went 6 for 11 and 2 gar pike. The majority of the fish came on 1 oz chatter baits and a couple on hot steel x-raps. But I think the biggest thing was my trolling speed I was going slow 1.3mph. I saw lots of guys around us but they were always passing me. If I got up over 1.8 I could not get anything to move. Also at 1 I thought I was in trouble as I had only one fish to show, all my fish were between 1 and 3 in the afternoon.

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Don't forget there will be a pike seminar and I will be teaching how to clean a pike with no bone's at 2:00.

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Riggin

Don't forget there will be a pike seminar today at 2pm (May 1)and you can learn how to clean a pike with no bone's.

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks