Off Topic Bill C21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent in my reply as well . Its far easier for governments to chase law abiding citizens who follow all the rules of gun aquisition and ownership than to deal with the shady criminal element . Most of the gun crimes are committed with hand guns often not registered and held by people with no permits . No i dont have the actual stats ,but i sure would like to see the rational reasoning behind this governments decisions . Oh and thats what we get for voting in a majority govenment led by the bumbling Doug Ford . Just my opinion ,not here to offend

Just went through the f'-ing expansive list. OMG.

Got my notice from CSSA. Thanks for sending the link.

emailed!

I sent in my reply as well . Its far easier for governments to chase law abiding citizens who follow all the rules of gun aquisition and ownership than to deal with the shady criminal element . Most of the gun crimes are committed with hand guns often not registered and held by people with no permits . No i dont have the actual stats ,but i sure would like to see the rational reasoning behind this governments decisions . Oh and thats what we get for voting in a majority govenment led by the bumbling Doug Ford . Just my opinion ,not here to offend
What does this have to do with Doug Ford?

Other than not standing up for gun owners like Alberta and Sask. and Manitoba. For once Ford can't be blamed,It's federal.

The noise we're making is getting noticed. Received this today: (Pay attention to the last sentence)

Thanks for your email. As you know, the Liberal Government has introduced amendments to Bill C-21 that will now ban a significant number of hunting rifles with a new prohibition of any "rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges."

I share your concerns regarding the proposed amendments to Bill C-21. As with all recent attempts to legislate firearms, the recent amendments proposed by the Liberal government are misguided. Instead of pursuing legislation that improves public safety, the Liberals are pushing ideology and punishing law-abiding Canadian firearms owners. Hunting rifles are not the problem. No one believes that going after hunters, and legitimate hunting rifles, will reduce violent crime across the country. Altogether, this new amendment to prohibit most hunting rifles is sneaky and underhanded. By moving this significant change to legislation at the committee amendments stage, the Liberals did not allow a democratic debate or experts to weigh in on the ban.

Ultimately, the Liberal government’s increasing firearms legislation is a cause for concern—this is the largest assault on hunters in Canadian history. Instead of going after the illegal guns used by criminals and street gangs, Justin Trudeau is targeting law abiding hunters and farmers.

The Liberals have made life easier for violent criminals by repealing mandatory minimum sentences for gun crimes with Bill C-5, have made it easier to get bail with C-75, and have failed to stop the flow of illegal crime guns across the US border. Their approach has seen violent crime increase 32% since Justin Trudeau took office, with 124,000 more violent crime incidents in 2021 compared to 2015. And gang-related homicides have increased 92%.

Conservatives, on the other hand, have always stood for common sense gun safety and strong consequences for those who commit gun crimes. We will oppose these amendments in committee, and we will stand up for the millions of Canadian hunters affected by Liberal government’s ineffective bans. We will continue to advocate for real, tough-on-crime policies to clean up our streets and keep Canadians safe. Rest assured that we hear you and know that many hobbies and sports have been caught up in this misguided approach to improve public safety. We will keep fighting but in reality, this nonsense only ends after the Conservatives defeat the Trudeau Liberals and form the next government. To keep up to date on our work in committee on this issue as well as my efforts to hold this government to account, you can follow my social media (Facebook) here: https://www.facebook.com/GlenMotz.

Lastly, I would encourage you to make your concerns known directly to the current Public Safety Minister himself—he needs to hear directly from the Canadians whose lives he is impacting. He can be reached at Marco.Mendicino@parl.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

Glen

Glen Motz, M.O.M., MP

Medicine Hat – Cardston – Warner

#306 – 2810 – 13th Ave SE,

Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3P9

Phone: 403-528-4698 | Fax: 403-528-4365

610 Valour Building

House of Commons

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Phone: 613-996-0633 | Fax: 613-995-5752

http://www.glenmotzmp.com/

The noise we're making is getting noticed. Received this today: (Pay attention to the last sentence)

Thanks for your email. As you know, the Liberal Government has introduced amendments to Bill C-21 that will now ban a significant number of hunting rifles with a new prohibition of any "rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges."

I share your concerns regarding the proposed amendments to Bill C-21. As with all recent attempts to legislate firearms, the recent amendments proposed by the Liberal government are misguided. Instead of pursuing legislation that improves public safety, the Liberals are pushing ideology and punishing law-abiding Canadian firearms owners. Hunting rifles are not the problem. No one believes that going after hunters, and legitimate hunting rifles, will reduce violent crime across the country. Altogether, this new amendment to prohibit most hunting rifles is sneaky and underhanded. By moving this significant change to legislation at the committee amendments stage, the Liberals did not allow a democratic debate or experts to weigh in on the ban.

Ultimately, the Liberal government’s increasing firearms legislation is a cause for concern—this is the largest assault on hunters in Canadian history. Instead of going after the illegal guns used by criminals and street gangs, Justin Trudeau is targeting law abiding hunters and farmers.

The Liberals have made life easier for violent criminals by repealing mandatory minimum sentences for gun crimes with Bill C-5, have made it easier to get bail with C-75, and have failed to stop the flow of illegal crime guns across the US border. Their approach has seen violent crime increase 32% since Justin Trudeau took office, with 124,000 more violent crime incidents in 2021 compared to 2015. And gang-related homicides have increased 92%.

Conservatives, on the other hand, have always stood for common sense gun safety and strong consequences for those who commit gun crimes. We will oppose these amendments in committee, and we will stand up for the millions of Canadian hunters affected by Liberal government’s ineffective bans. We will continue to advocate for real, tough-on-crime policies to clean up our streets and keep Canadians safe. Rest assured that we hear you and know that many hobbies and sports have been caught up in this misguided approach to improve public safety. We will keep fighting but in reality, this nonsense only ends after the Conservatives defeat the Trudeau Liberals and form the next government. To keep up to date on our work in committee on this issue as well as my efforts to hold this government to account, you can follow my social media (Facebook) here: https://www.facebook.com/GlenMotz.

Lastly, I would encourage you to make your concerns known directly to the current Public Safety Minister himself—he needs to hear directly from the Canadians whose lives he is impacting. He can be reached at Marco.Mendicino@parl.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

Glen

Glen Motz, M.O.M., MP

Medicine Hat – Cardston – Warner

#306 – 2810 – 13th Ave SE,

Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3P9

Phone: 403-528-4698 | Fax: 403-528-4365

610 Valour Building

House of Commons

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6

Phone: 613-996-0633 | Fax: 613-995-5752

http://www.glenmotzmp.com/
I received the same email.
I responded to him thanking him for his public service and wished him a long public service career. I added that no other member of parliment takes it as serious as he does.
I cc'd public safety minster, PM and Norfolk's own ...... Leslie Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks