Bill C-71 Restrictions Coming Into Effect

trky chsr

Don't know what this will do to gun shows, it takes hours to get through to the CFC now.

Bill C-71 Restrictions Start This Month on Buying/Selling ‘Non-Restricted’ Guns​

Source: Canada Gun News: Week of 2022 May 02

05 May 2022

TheGunBlog.ca —
The Canadian government will start enforcing new restrictions on government-licensed gun owners this month, as the governing Liberal Party continues its political and regulatory attacks against hunters, sport shooters and firearm collectors.

Details

• The regulations stem from Bill C-71, a law the Liberals passed in 2019.
  • The measures take effect on May 18, according to an Orders in Council dated 29 April and published online today.
  • They apply only to government-licensed firearm users and businesses.
  • The restrictions include:
    1. “Non-Restricted” Firearm Transfers: It will be a crime for any licensed gun owner to buy, sell or give away any “Non-Restricted” rifle or shotgun without explicit permission for the transfer from the Registrar of Firearms in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - Canadian Firearms Program.
      • It will require contacting the RCMP to request a reference number for the transaction.
      • It applies even to all licence holders, include a spouse who wants to give a rifle or shotgun to their spouse, or a parent who wants to give a rifle or shotgun to their child.
    2. Gun Store Registry: Gun stores will be required to store the personal details of licensed buyers of “Non-Restricted” rifles and shotguns for 20 years, in a violation of personal privacy.
  • Other restrictions also kick in, but those are the biggies for most PAL holders and businesses (in my opinion).

Lmao just insane
They have no way of proving anything. Can’t wait for this clown to be voted out and have this horse and pony show reversed back to the way it was

Much like the original NR registry this will come down to who wants to play by the government’s rules. Seeing as they had nowhere near 100% compliance the first go around I doubt there will be many people voluntarily providing information to form yet another registry database.

Obviously businesses won’t have a choice, but with private sales there will be tons of people buying and selling without contacting the CFC for NR transfers.

As anyone with registered “assault guns” on the governments ban list will tell you, playing by their rules means you eventually get to own expensive safe queens/paper weights.

Registration = confiscation

As the flag says on the front of my house….F**k Turdeau.

Why would anyone contact the RCMP to give/sell a firearm thats not registered anywhere?
This is just a new disguised form of registration and letting the Gov't track where firearms are.

Why would anyone contact the RCMP to give/sell a firearm thats not registered anywhere?
This is just a new disguised form of registration and letting the Gov't track where firearms are.
That will work for face to face sales but we'll have to see how it works on sites like Gunpost or Canadian Gunnutz. I very much doubt the RCMP has the manpower to monitor these sites but they may pick one or two to make an example of. TC

That will work for face to face sales but we'll have to see how it works on sites like Gunpost or Canadian Gunnutz. I very much doubt the RCMP has the manpower to monitor these sites but they may pick one or two to make an example of. TC
I suspect you're right with those sites...they will probably have some sort of disclaimer about adhering to the new sales laws. I wonder if the Gov't will try to regulate those sites somehow?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks