Big Otter. Can’t say enough (aug 19)

FlyingViking

Half decent day. Pegged a few Stink-eyes…..

ALLLL the way on the drive to the burr… I was asking my girlfriend.. “what did I forget”??? “Im missing something” …. She had her “pre departure” check list” but I did forget a few things that I didn’t mention to her as “it’s not my first rodeo”. I’m always prepared. Launched out of Big Otter..

At about 9 FOW, Turns out I forgot everything……and she is always “right”. she is always right in between 5 fow and 35 fow..

Paper towel, cell phone, garbage bag, etc. Etc. Filet knife! Shit. Fuckin filet knife.:: Forgot my fancy polarized glasses as well because I like to see a walleye hit a lure 35 feet down and 50 feet back.

We pegged 8 eyes. REALLY really nice eyes. 4 shit-heads. Found a patern on a slow day and that was rrf’s in crazy green and blue. It was busy for about 1.5 hours then died down. Regardless, fish in the “dead well” (no such thing as a live-well on my boat) and the cooler.

Filet Knife: I told her that I felt soooo bad for forgetting today’s filet knife. I wanted to clean fish for the first time at the fancy cleaning station
Dropping walleye carcasses in my neighbors Ford F-150 truck bed late at night in a black garbage and not letting him know is getting sketchy. I think he’s on to me now… I think he’s clueing in on days that hit 29-34 degrees..

Told the good fellah at the launch my dilemma. Lose a neighbor or clean fish at the cleaning station: He summoned up his son and he made swift work (and artfully) of he eyes. Paid him well and off we went. Turns out he’s the boy who won last week’s tournament. I got educated by this boy. And an educational drive home from the girlfriend..

another great day at burwell and a neighborhood that can breath easy,,,,,, tonight

Last edited:
Never ask Wife/girlfriend . Won't get much help and a whole bunch of I told you so. I kinda miss dropping fish guts in Timmies drive through garbage.

This post could use a video version. In either Letterkenny voice or trailer park boys. Not sure.

Half decent day. Pegged a few Stink-eyes…..

ALLLL the way on the drive to the burr… I was asking my girlfriend.. “what did I forget”??? “Im missing something” …. She had her “pre departure” check list” but I did forget a few things that I didn’t mention to her as “it’s not my first rodeo”. I’m always prepared. Launched out of Big Otter..

At about 9 FOW, Turns out I forgot everything……and she is always “right”. she is always right in between 5 fow and 35 fow..

Paper towel, cell phone, garbage bag, etc. Etc. Filet knife! Shit. Fuckin filet knife.:: Forgot my fancy polarized glasses as well because I like to see a walleye hit a lure 35 feet down and 50 feet back.

We pegged 8 eyes. REALLY really nice eyes. 4 shit-heads. Found a patern on a slow day and that was rrf’s in crazy green and blue. It was busy for about 1.5 hours then died down. Regardless, fish in the “dead well” (no such thing as a live-well on my boat) and the cooler.

Filet Knife: I told her that I felt soooo bad for forgetting today’s filet knife. I wanted to clean fish for the first time at the fancy cleaning station
Dropping walleye carcasses in my neighbors Ford F-150 truck bed late at night in a black garbage and not letting him know is getting sketchy. I think he’s on to me now… I think he’s clueing in on days that hit 29-34 degrees..

Told the good fellah at the launch my dilemma. Lose a neighbor or clean fish at the cleaning station: He summoned up his son and he made swift work (and artfully) of he eyes. Paid him well and off we went. Turns out he’s the boy who won last week’s tournament. I got educated by this boy. And an educational drive home from the girlfriend..

another great day at burwell and a neighborhood that can breath easy,,,,,, tonight
I make a list every time I go out and when we leave the driveway I double check that husband has brought everything that he needed to bring. One time thank goodness the neighbours were going fishing too they hadn’t left yet Hubby forgot the tacklebox they passed it off to us in the channel.

Making the best of it! I forgot to pack the humminbird one trip this year...😔 Paid for a year subscription to navionics app on the way out, used that to get a rough idea for depth and dropped pins to get a trolling track. Still ended up with 10 pics and bow..😄

We tape notes to the door

ice packs
Cooler
Life jackets
Fishing rods
Trolling motor lol

started doing that after forgetting stuff a couple of times

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks