Big Creek Blind 1 Closed

Hello Waterfowl Unit Users,

I would like to inform you that Big Creek Blind 1 (B1) has been closed due to a complaint to CWS from Delta Waterfowl Director and Billionaire Bill Turnbull. For more information, please contact Danny Bernard (CWS) at 519-586-2839 or 519-428-8703 or Danny.Bernard@Canada.ca AND/OR contact Delta Waterfowl at 1-877-677-5656 or canada@deltawaterfowl.org.

Hi guys I want to clear this up yes blind b1 is temporarily closed until a proper survey can be done to ensure there is no encroachment on to private property CWS and DELTA have always been big supporters of public hunting and of the LPWA and we appreciate it and want to continue to have a great relationship with all of our partners in making hunting accessible for everyone. It's unfortunate that sometimes red tape can get in the way but it's only a bump in the rd. Who knows but the temporary closure of 1 hunting spot could be paving the way for more public access in the future we are working hard for you (the public) to preserve and expand your hunting opportunities. Please support DELTA WATERFOWL they are a big part of making this happen for you. Thanks and happy hunting :LPWA president John foster

Sounds to me like a time to proceed with caution. I am not opposed to taking on powerful adversaries but not until you are sure you are right. It makes no sense to alienate important partners for no benefit. If the blind is encroaching on their boundaries it should be closed, if not it should reopen but this is a matter for surveyors and the law. It should be worked out that way, not through politics and pressure. I hope both sides approach the issue with the same objective, to just do the right thing.

Yes cam you are 100% right and in no way should there be anybody spreading false information about this. CWS is having a proper survey done to make sure there is no encroachment onto private property the last thing anyone wants is to cause problems with our neighbors and friends. I've been assured this will be resolved through proper channels before the opener and as soon as I know I will let everyone know

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks