Best duck boat

Jello

I hunted with a Lund SSV-16. Small enough to get through the unit marsh but handled chop well.
Selling it in March if anyone interested. Bought a new fishing boat, giving up waterfowling.

noclass

What do you have for power on your SSV? I have a WC 16 I’ve been working on. Not sure what to hang on the back?

I hunted with a Lund SSV-16. Small enough to get through the unit marsh but handled chop well.
Selling it in March if anyone interested. Bought a new fishing boat, giving up waterfowling.

Jello

What do you have for power on your SSV? I have a WC 16 I’ve been working on. Not sure what to hang on the back?

30hp Evinrude E-Tec. Had that boat loaded with 2 guys, big dog, blind, 90 decoys, and misc gear. Could put it on plain pretty well still.

singlemalt

I have a 60HP HO E-Tec on my fishing boat. I love the way it runs. I wish I had one for the duck boat. I have an old 30HP Johnson 2-stroke on it which works fine so hard to justify replacing it with the cost of engines these days. One of the big advantages of the E-Tec is you can winterize it in just a couple of minutes with a command to the internal computer. It always seems I never get the timing of putting my duck boat away at the end of the season right. As soon as I winterize we get a warm spell and open water full of ducks. If I had an E-tec I could be back on the water and re-winterize even several times if the weather changes.

sonnyuphi

I have a 60 hp E-tec on my Bankes Freedom 17 ft. I love being able to witerize it myself when I take it out and they are also really economical to run gas and oil wise . Took mine out January 7 .You didn't miss much shooting though as the divers seemed to be quite decoy shy and educated . But any hunting after mid -December is a bonus Cam , just great to be out there at Pottohawk in the first week of January .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks