BBQ perch?

Woodstock

Anyone ever tried doing perch on a cedar plank? Too mild a fish for so much flavouring? Bought the planks for salmon but have some frozen fillets left. Already got a roast on the spit and thought mabye since grill on anyway - might be a nice side.
Any thoughts or opinions? Hate to ruin a good perch fry and have it turn out bad. I know some of you guys eat bay perch often so let me know what you think.
Thanks

Gord D.

Barbarian!!!!! :D

Deep fried ALL the way for perch.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Woodstock..
:)For a wholesome tasty meal put fine breadcrumbs or corn flakes ..and spices on perch and in the oven for 15-18 min..at 400*:):)

I have tried walleye cut into 1" square cubes, then wrap a half slice of bacon around and put on a shish kebab stick. Cook on bbq until bacon begins to crisp, then put bbq sauce on. Should taste the same with perch.....YUMMY;)

Brian (Legend Man)

I've done walleye on a cedar plank and it was tasty. Try the perch on it I don't think you will be disappointed.

Take a platter and cover the bottom with some white wine, then lay the perch fillets in and put spices such as garlic, season salt lemon, black pepper on the fillets and let sit for about fifteen minutes. Spray the BBQ with Pam and lay the fillets directly on the grill. I do this with bass also. I do love fried also but the health people in the house want something different once in a while.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks