bass july 22 .

angler

. I went out from Port Dover about 10;00 am. I did not go to where we had been doing very well before just to give those fish a rest. I went down past David's to the first set of cottages. A new place. I fished the depth of water we were getting bass elsewhere. By 11:00 I had caught 15 -20 bass.
I went down past Hoovers to a favourite spot and the action was faster. Big bass at first then the mid-size fish got in on the action. At least 50 fish.
The result was sad. Watching those fish fighting to get back down to the structure made me sad.
Only one fish all day managed to throw the hook. I am using strong braid the size of old 6 lb. mono , great fluorocarbon leaders, reels with super smooth drags,5-6 ball bearings and so on. In the old days we used to line up the red barn with the tip of bait island and opposite millionaires cut, you might get within 500 yards of where you intended ; now I can go to one weed in the middle of the bay.
After 55 -60 years on the bay I think going after these fish is over for me.
:inpain:

@angler: I've got 64 on the bay and hope they have to give me a horizontal boat ride in. The fun will never stop I hope. Keep your worm wet and your tip up. Your day sounded great to me, give that last statement a second thought . RED

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks