Bankes Dominator

Duxbware

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anybody Here run a Dominator? I'm Really considering one for next season, but just trying to get as much feedback as I can from owners, as it's a big investment.

I have spent considerable time in one. Great little boat. I have owned hull #1 of the 17 Freedom since new until I recently upside to a 19 Crusader. All of Bankes boats are Excelent quality with much thought going into design and function. You can not go wrong at any price. They are a rare find

Hello Duxbware,

How do I go about obtaining my R.O.C. since the guy that I was referred to by a local marina does not exist ... some mixup of sorts. I purchased a Garmin marine radio for my Duck Water Boats "Ocean 15" duck boat ... a Bankes "Dominator" alternative. These two (2) boats (aluminium vs fiberglass) are great in design, construction and function ... price be damned.

Jerome

Hey tundra swan. That R.O.C. Under my name isn’t actual. It’s part of the fourum here. When I made a donation to the forum, it was placed under my name to indicate that. I actually don’t have a “real” ROC. Sorry for the confusion.

I an actual ROC mandatory to use a marine band radio? I didn’t think it was.

Radio Operator's Certificate:
Any person who uses a VHF radio must have a Restricted Radio Operator's Certificate - Marine ROC

DST. Thanks for that, How would one go about getting one ?

Hello DST,

I knew that certification was required but I did not know where I could take the one day course ... please advise us if possible.

Jerome

You can do a power squadron radio course on-line

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks